New Addition - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts

Old 03-09-2019, 10:17 PM
Premier Citizen
Default New Addition

I was kindly gifted a Selenocosmia Crassipes at the weekend, sheís had a bad molt previously which has left her with a disfigured leg. It doesnít seem to bother her, very happy with my first Aussie Spid. Iíve named her Sheila

Currently in temporary housing, awaiting delivery of her new enclosure. Iíll be giving her deep substrate as these burrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Basin79 likes this.
'When you donít have many friends and you donít have a social life youíre kind of left looking at things, not doing things. Thereís a weird freedom in not having people treat you like youíre part of society or where you have to fulfill social relationships'

~ Tim Burton.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2019, 10:33 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dungbug View Post
I was kindly gifted a Selenocosmia Crassipes at the weekend, she’s had a bad molt previously which has left her with a disfigured leg. It doesn’t seem to bother her, very happy with my first Aussie Spid. I’ve named her Sheila

Currently in temporary housing, awaiting delivery of her new enclosure. I’ll be giving her deep substrate as these burrow

What a freebie!!!!!!!!!

And aye, phenomenal diggers.
Jack Torrance: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.

Grady: That's strange, sir. I don't have any recollection of that at all.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:29 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basin79 View Post
What a freebie!!!!!!!!!

And aye, phenomenal diggers.

Yep, from my local shop. Due to the deformed leg it wasnít ideal to sell, it wasnít on display as such and Iíd expressed an interest a few weeks ago. Went in last weekend to stock up on food and was offered her, the chap in the shop just wanted a home with someone that could look after her.

Basin79 and Bombjack like this.
'When you donít have many friends and you donít have a social life youíre kind of left looking at things, not doing things. Thereís a weird freedom in not having people treat you like youíre part of society or where you have to fulfill social relationships'

~ Tim Burton.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-09-2019, 11:33 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Yep, from my local shop. Due to the deformed leg it wasnít ideal to sell, it wasnít on display as such and Iíd expressed an interest a few weeks ago. Went in last weekend to stock up on food and was offered her, the chap in the shop just wanted a home with someone that could look after her.

Lucky bugger.
Dungbug likes this.
Jack Torrance: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.

Old 03-09-2019, 11:37 PM
Premier Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basin79 View Post
Lucky bugger.

No idea what the value would be, doesnít matter really. Iím just happy to have another T in the collection

Basin79 likes this.

~ Tim Burton.
Old 03-09-2019, 11:47 PM
Postaholic Member

Quote:

No idea what the value would be, doesnít matter really. Iím just happy to have another T in the collection

They're not ridiculously expensive but adult females don't come up very often. They're a great tarantula and extremely interesting given they're one of the few animals that can prey on cane toads and not die.
Dungbug likes this.

Old 11-09-2019, 02:14 PM
Premier Citizen

New home all set up, sheís already started webbing up. I thought my Lasiodora Parahybana was a great feeder, this girl eats like a fat kid at an Ďeat all you wantí buffet

Basin79 likes this.

~ Tim Burton.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:15 PM
Premier Citizen

Basin79 likes this.

~ Tim Burton.