Easiest and lowest maintenance tarantula with regards heating, humidity etc...... - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts
Register RFUK Articles Blogs FAQ Community Calendar

Old 17-09-2019, 12:49 AM
Regular
Default Easiest and lowest maintenance tarantula with regards heating, humidity etc......

Hey

So I have an exo terra large flat faunarium that I currently use for a baby corn, however when he goes into his main viv It'll be free, I was thinking of using it for a tarantula.

From my reading and research on T's heating can cause more harm than good so I'm looking for opinions on species that can handle cooler temps, also how cold is too cold, what stage does it become dangerous for a T.? my house has central heating but it's old enough and can/does get cold at night etc...

From research so far a chilean rose or curly haired seem to be the ones cropping up the most, any thoughts or suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 17-09-2019, 10:52 AM
Postaholic Member

What temp does the specific room get you're tarantula will be kept in?

If it's 70f during the day and drops a little at night most tarantulas will be perfectly fine. I use heat mats attached to thermostats on the back walls to keep mine warm as I don't use central heating so in winter and on colder days the room gets cold.

On hot days the mats don't even come on which is why you MUST always connect mats to stats.

Also once your main viv is up and running for your corn will heat up the room too. Best bet is to just get your corn set up and then see what you're dealing with.

I'd definitely pay a little more and buy a sexed female juvenile or young adult as your first tarantula.
Jack Torrance: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.

Grady: That's strange, sir. I don't have any recollection of that at all.

Tags
heating , humidity , tarantula , temperature