A Little help?? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts

Old 06-11-2019, 01:47 AM
Hatchling
Default A Little help??

Hey guys, hope your well.

So quick update, its been a while

Both my Brachypelma are in heavy premolt (I assume). Has been months since they have taken any food. Not from lack of trying may I add, always like to make sure premolt is the case...

The B.hammori is acting fine, has a bald spot which is gradually getting darker. Not worried about her at all. However the B.albo is a different story.

So the B.albo is confusing me..

Got home the other day and it was on its back, on top of a silk hammock. Was moving around a lil bit and clear liquid coming out between the fangs. Thought ok its going to molt.

Next thing it had flipped back over and destroyed the hammock, and is now super active, walking constant circles around the enclosure walls..

Also its abdomen is very skinny now, getting a bit concerned about it. It has always been quite active but not to this extent.

Unfortunately cannot get a pic today as my PC is down and using the xbox.

Anyone had this experience before, should I be concerned. Any advice would be great. Thanks for reading.

Jay.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2019, 01:55 AM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymac123 View Post
Hey guys, hope your well.

So quick update, its been a while

Both my Brachypelma are in heavy premolt (I assume). Has been months since they have taken any food. Not from lack of trying may I add, always like to make sure premolt is the case...

The B.hammori is acting fine, has a bald spot which is gradually getting darker. Not worried about her at all. However the B.albo is a different story.

So the B.albo is confusing me..

Got home the other day and it was on its back, on top of a silk hammock. Was moving around a lil bit and clear liquid coming out between the fangs. Thought ok its going to molt.

Next thing it had flipped back over and destroyed the hammock, and is now super active, walking constant circles around the enclosure walls..

Also its abdomen is very skinny now, getting a bit concerned about it. It has always been quite active but not to this extent.

Unfortunately cannot get a pic today as my PC is down and using the xbox.

Anyone had this experience before, should I be concerned. Any advice would be great. Thanks for reading.

Jay.
Are you sure it's not male?
Old 06-11-2019, 02:00 AM
Hatchling

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilkinss77 View Post
Are you sure it's not male?
Wilkinss77, I dont know if male/female, would this have something to do with this behaviour?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2019, 09:52 AM
Postaholic Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymac123 View Post
Wilkinss77, I dont know if male/female, would this have something to do with this behaviour?
Whilst it's extremely rare mature males sometimes try and moult again. Some make it most don't. Does your tarantula have swollen pedipelps at the end and little bulbs?
Jack Torrance: Mr. Grady. You were the caretaker here. I recognize ya. I saw your picture in the newspapers. You, uh, chopped your wife and daughters up into little bits. And then you blew your brains out.

Grady: That's strange, sir. I don't have any recollection of that at all.

Tags
tarantula