Re Online Invert Shops... - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts


  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2008, 10:16 PM
Gold Star Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,138
Default Re Online Invert Shops...

Just curious (No, 'tis not market research!), about what you think to online invert shops, by personal experience?

Ta to those that take part..


1) Invert shop with the best range of inverts and bugs eg; not just spiders?

2) Shop that offered you the best aftercare advice?

3) Speediest and most efficient delivery?

4) Best for general health of the animals?

5) Best on price and doing deals?

6) Most unreliable invert shop that you have come across/used?

7) Name one thing that invert shops, those online, could do to improve their service?

Most absurdly expensive online shop that you have seen?

9) Poorest communications came from which shop?

10) Would you knowingly buy any wild caught inverts?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2008, 10:21 PM
selina20's Avatar
No Life Member
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Warwickshire/Portsmouth
Posts: 19,844
Reviews: 8
Send a message via MSN to selina20 Send a message via Yahoo to selina20
Default

I got my girl from Creature Feature and i thoroughly recommend them. They talked to me for a good 10 mins before they paired me up with a T. Also their T's are good priced, they deliver them in well packed boxes, answer any questions u mite have and also have a huge selection. They are def worth a check
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Gold Star Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina20 View Post
I got my girl from Creature Feature and i thoroughly recommend them. They talked to me for a good 10 mins before they paired me up with a T. Also their T's are good priced, they deliver them in well packed boxes, answer any questions u mite have and also have a huge selection. They are def worth a check
Hmm.

I think I may have used them, in the dim and distant..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Becky's Avatar
Premier Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Shefford, Bedfordshire
Posts: 9,151
Send a message via MSN to Becky
Default

Quote:
1) Invert shop with the best range of inverts and bugs eg; not just spiders?

2) Shop that offered you the best aftercare advice?

3) Speediest and most efficient delivery?

4) Best for general health of the animals?

5) Best on price and doing deals?

6) Most unreliable invert shop that you have come across/used?

7) Name one thing that invert shops, those online, could do to improve their service?

Most absurdly expensive online shop that you have seen?

9) Poorest communications came from which shop?

10) Would you knowingly buy any wild caught inverts?

1) The shop with the best range is probably the tarantula barn. Sells amphibians, beetles, spiders, crabs, livefood, reptiles and show tickets.

2) Aftercare being care for the spider? In which case Lee has always been helpful.

3) Most efficient is definately Lee. Always sent out when promised and never had any problems. Always great to contact too.

4) Must say Lee again. Never had a dodgy looking spider. Always look good and well cared for.

5) Noticed many places prices rising lately. But again Lee.. he does good bulk deals and is always open to negotiation.

6) Not bought from an unreliable shop. I choose to avoid them lol Wort place though is exotic pets. All their stuff is wild caught and i bought one spider from him at a show and it was in shocking condition.. never again!

7) Hmm.. good question. I've always been impressed with any services i've used tbh.

8.) Not bought from it..but this one

For Sale, tarantulas, scorpions, land crabs, millipedes, centipedes

LMAO!
LTC versi.. £80!!
LTC rosea.. £12!!
Singapore blue - £150!!!

Ridiculous prices.

9) Don't know. Always had quick responses tbh.

10) No. I'd chose CB over WC anyday. I firmly believe if a spider is WC then it should be clearly labelled!
__________________







Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 02-06-2008, 10:39 PM
Gold Star Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,138
Default

Would it matter to you if the invert were wild caught, but not at all rare?

What is it about being wild caught that you most object to, assuming, as I say, that they are not close to extinction, or some such thing..?

Let's remember, even the so called 'captive bred' inverts must have originated from wild caught, therefore, with no WC trade, there would be no CB trade.

True...
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2008, 12:37 AM
Becky's Avatar
Premier Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Shefford, Bedfordshire
Posts: 9,151
Send a message via MSN to Becky
Default

I do have some spiders that i believe to be Wild Caught. But this is only assumed after i've already got them. I wouldn't buy a wild caught spider knowing it was wild caught unless it was to get them into the hobby...
I don't agree with wild caught for things such as chile rose, avics etc when there's millions in the hobby! For rarer species its kinda more accepted as captive breeding may not have started/being found tricky etc.

Also, wild caught spiders come with the risk of lots of diseases. Nematodes and parasites. Giant grubs bursting through the t's abomden is not pleasant!
__________________







Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2008, 12:44 AM
Gold Star Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,138
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
I do have some spiders that i believe to be Wild Caught. But this is only assumed after i've already got them. I wouldn't buy a wild caught spider knowing it was wild caught unless it was to get them into the hobby...
I don't agree with wild caught for things such as chile rose, avics etc when there's millions in the hobby! For rarer species its kinda more accepted as captive breeding may not have started/being found tricky etc.

Also, wild caught spiders come with the risk of lots of diseases. Nematodes and parasites. Giant grubs bursting through the t's abomden is not pleasant!

Good enough reason, Becky!
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2008, 12:48 AM
Becky's Avatar
Premier Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Shefford, Bedfordshire
Posts: 9,151
Send a message via MSN to Becky
Default

It's really not pleasant! Happened to a friends spider....poor thing
__________________







Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Gold Star Member
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 5,138
Default

I assume death is inevitbable?

She could have kept the parasite as a pet.

Compensation

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 03-06-2008, 12:58 AM
Becky's Avatar
Premier Member
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Shefford, Bedfordshire
Posts: 9,151
Send a message via MSN to Becky
Default

Yeah death is inevitable, spider has no internal organs left!

The parasite was kept but died soon after.
__________________







Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Invert/rep shops in Southampton????? invertasnakes Spiders and Inverts 8 08-12-2009 10:51 AM
Spider and invert online shop / website shanekent Misc Reptile & Exotics Classifieds 2 30-07-2009 10:29 PM
List of Invert Shops In The UK andy07966 Spiders and Inverts 18 22-04-2009 12:17 AM
Invert shops cubeykc Spiders and Inverts 7 09-10-2008 05:36 PM
Best online spider invert shop shaneo95 Spiders and Inverts 11 13-04-2008 06:15 PM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 08:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)