My gift swap gift - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts

Old 22-11-2008, 08:08 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
lol, that did make me laugh!

you are getting in to a very addictive side of the forum though! They don't take up too much space and there are so many species with different colours, temprement etc.

you'll see what I mean by this....

Some of my spids - Arachnophiles Forum
He he it is the cute little botty that looks like a coconut
I am starting to realise this may be more addictive than i thought as i found myself eying up some fo the T's on the site you linked me already lol.
Your spids are so fantastic, great having so many diff colours and shapes.

see you there in a few years

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4707319724/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-11-2008, 08:09 PM
No Life Member
Reviews: 8
Send a message via MSN to selina20 Send a message via Yahoo to selina20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEENY View Post
I have just bookmarked the link Jamie gave me to get some but how on earth can i make sure she cannot fall further that an inch when she can walk up glass ??? Surely i don't fill up the tank to a couple of inches from the top ???
Sometimes they climb when they are not happy with the substrate. My Nhandu still climbs eventho iv tried everything to stop her and iv seen her fall a few times. Make sure theres nothing sharp in there too which is another reason i prefer coco fibre to vermiculite. You might also find she will settle in a few days and use her hide

Old 22-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina20 View Post
Sometimes they climb when they are not happy with the substrate. My Nhandu still climbs eventho iv tried everything to stop her and iv seen her fall a few times. Make sure theres nothing sharp in there too which is another reason i prefer coco fibre to vermiculite. You might also find she will settle in a few days and use her hide
She only cloimbed to the topwhen i first got here but i assumed that was cos she was pretty pi$$ed off at Royal Mail tbh.
She is currently exploring the floor surface and is sat behind her hide looking out over the top looking cute. The water bowl has smooth edges ( it took me ages to find a lid that was shallow and i have pushed the substrate right up around it so it is not just jutting up into the air) the plant is cushiony and there are no sharp bits i already checked that as i read a little on T's in general as i had an inkling jamie would send me one

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 22-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Gold Star Member
Reviews: 6

there is being cautious and then there is being over cautious. Many of my T's could fall 2-3" if they climbed the tank and fell.

Justine, your spider climbed the tank because it is exploring it's new surroundings. The T you have is a terrestrial species, meaning it is ground dwelling. They are not natural climbers and will not climb by habit. I assure you once the spider is settled you will rarely see it climbing the tank, if at all.

Yes it is a risk, but a minimal risk at most. The spider knows it is climbing the tank and wouldn't do so if it wasn't able. I have not seen or heard of 1 thread on any forum saying "my spider died because it fell off the side of the tank".

Your set up is fine.
Old 23-11-2008, 12:17 AM
Posting Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post
there is being cautious and then there is being over cautious. Many of my T's could fall 2-3" if they climbed the tank and fell.

Justine, your spider climbed the tank because it is exploring it's new surroundings. The T you have is a terrestrial species, meaning it is ground dwelling. They are not natural climbers and will not climb by habit. I assure you once the spider is settled you will rarely see it climbing the tank, if at all.

Yes it is a risk, but a minimal risk at most. The spider knows it is climbing the tank and wouldn't do so if it wasn't able. I have not seen or heard of 1 thread on any forum saying "my spider died because it fell off the side of the tank".

Your set up is fine.
Okay thankyou Jamie. I panic sooo much tho with my babies. Coco is now in the rock hide looking pretty smug, i think feeding will not be a problem as EVERY movement near tank seems to be being watched. Roll on Monday as i thought i would try Monday night x