Green bottle blue tarantula setups? - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts

Old 07-04-2009, 01:15 PM
Ultra Citizen
Default Green bottle blue tarantula setups?

Could people post pictures of their green bottle blue tarantula setups please? Or anything with a similar setup. I need ideas.

Thanks

Old 07-04-2009, 01:47 PM

These are webbers, big webbers so whatever you put in will likely get covered in webbing. So, its a good idea to provide an enclosure that encourages that at various heights.
If its a sling or small juve put it in a tub with some broken sticks, some coir and perhaps a little sphagnum moss. If its a large size then its worth having a large enclosure - I have one in a 30x30x30 Exo and another in a faunarium. Use peat or coir as a substrate, grab some branches off a tree (should be plenty of cut-offs from fruit trees) an place these on top of each other to create height, just make sure they're secure. The GBB will web over these creating a great tubular web enclosure.

300-500 Tarantula, incl. L. parahybana, G. rosea, G. pulchra, A. geniculata, C. cyaneopubescens, P. cambridgei, P. irminia, P. pucher, C. fasciatum, H. robustum, H. sp. Pumpkin Patch, A. Guyana, A. Peru Purple, A. versicolor, B. boehmei, B. emelia, B. smithi, B. vagans, P. formosa, P. miranda, P. metallica, P. ornata, P. pederseni, P. regalis, P. rufilata, P. striata, P. subfusca, P. tigrinawesseli, L. violaceopes, H. incei

Old 07-04-2009, 02:01 PM
5 Star Member
Send a message via ICQ to iiisecondcreep Send a message via AIM to iiisecondcreep Send a message via MSN to iiisecondcreep Send a message via Yahoo to iiisecondcreep

Here are some pics of my OHs GBB, Binky in its house.

When it first went in:
(if you look carefully at the top right of the lid you can see the legs poking out- its an adventurous wee thing!)

Been in for a few months, complete with hanging gardens lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2009, 02:03 PM
Postaholic Member

This is my large sling's enclosure. She's been in there a couple of months and has done all this. She has a twisted piece of bogwood to attach her web to.

My juvie male is in a glass storage jar with some stacked-up bits of cork bark, but I need to get him something a bit bigger.