feeding emperor scorplings - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts

Old 19-05-2009, 02:18 AM
Ultra Citizen

Thanks man! Do you give yours bug gel instead of water too?

http://blackarkreptiles.webs.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-05-2009, 03:01 AM
FrozenReptile

I feed all my scorpion slings once a week, they all get 1-2 appropiately sized crickets and do just fine and dandy.

Once you've had them a while you'll be able to tell how much you need to feed them (based on how fat they are, how many left over, etc). Just gotta get used to it.

Noooooo to bug gel. I don't provide any of my scorpions with water bowls, but thats just me (they'll drink the condensation as and when they want, but they get most of it from their food). If you do provide a bowl definately don't use gel.
Old 19-05-2009, 03:30 AM

think he was talking about the crickets........and no....do not put water in with the crickets....they won't last very long.
they get all the water they need from their food....lettuce....any greens....anything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 19-05-2009, 07:43 AM
Ultra Citizen

I was told to use the bug gel for the scorplings which is why I bought it, but ah okay shall take it out. I probably misheard the guy he must have meant it for the crix (who dont really need it I know)...

water dish is in now instead (bottle cap), with no water in it. When I mist the cage a thin layer of water catches in it for drinkin'

Last edited by Pyro; 19-05-2009 at 07:58 AM..
Old 19-05-2009, 09:04 AM
5 Star Member
Send a message via ICQ to iiisecondcreep Send a message via AIM to iiisecondcreep Send a message via MSN to iiisecondcreep Send a message via Yahoo to iiisecondcreep

I gave my scorplings a bottle cap water dish but after having to excavate it every second day I gave up, its still in there filled with substrate. I recently gave them a load of sphagnum moss as well to help keep the humidity up.

Old 19-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Ultra Citizen

I'd worry if there was no bowl in there, even though there are currently water drops clinging to the caves and just above the substrate level on the plastic sides to the tank. I know they can drink from those but a shallow dish of water never hurt. They're tiny (had their 2nd shed before I got them) so even the bottle cap looks deep.