Saw the coolest lil fly the other day :S - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts

Old 08-07-2010, 12:25 AM
5 Star Member
Default Saw the coolest lil fly the other day :S

this thing looked like a gbb mixed with a wasp but was about 4-6mm in size it was metallic blue and orange any ideas on what it was?

Saint George killed the last dragon, and he was called a hero for it. I've never seen a dragon, and I wish he would have left at least one. Saint Patrick made a name for himself by running the snakes out of Ireland, leaving the place vulnerable to rodent infestation. This business of making saints out of men who exterminate their fellow creatures has got to stop. All I'm saying is, it's starting to get a little lonely up here at the top of the food chain.
- A Whitney Brown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2010, 04:24 AM
Posting Deity

could've been a sawfly. related to wasps but the sting is modified into a saw that cuts slices off leaves that they feed to their larvae.
Old 08-07-2010, 11:56 AM
5 Star Member

naa nothing like a sawfly mate

Saint George killed the last dragon, and he was called a hero for it. I've never seen a dragon, and I wish he would have left at least one. Saint Patrick made a name for himself by running the snakes out of Ireland, leaving the place vulnerable to rodent infestation. This business of making saints out of men who exterminate their fellow creatures has got to stop. All I'm saying is, it's starting to get a little lonely up here at the top of the food chain.
- A Whitney Brown
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Ultra Citizen

Sounds a lot like a Cuckoo/jewel wasp.

Cuckoo wasp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldpoodle
Even sticky the extreamly stick like stick insect has the instinct to survive and will fight back as best it can.

Tags
fly