Arachnaphobia - Page 3 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts

Old 14-05-2012, 09:48 AM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFerretman6 View Post
What's wrong with you all?! No offence to any of you but I've always believed a fear of spiders was irrational. But then again, I hate to fly.
Do you really hate to fly or do you hate to fall though? Flying isn't dangerous at all, falling at terminal velocity is though

I don't have any spiders at the moment because of living situation, but my mother is terrified of worms
MrFerretman6 likes this.
Advertisement

Old 14-05-2012, 10:11 AM
Super Regular

Im phobic about flying too. Like can barely stomach the thought of it. I went to Spain 4 years ago and had a panic attack on the outward flight and cried the whole way on the return. I will never fly again unless im unconscious.

Its not the flying im afraid of, its crashing. I cant imagine a worse way to go. Its horrific, and so random, like it could happen to any plane, at any time for a variety of reasons so it could easily be the one im on.

Yet im fine on other transport.

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
Old 14-05-2012, 12:18 PM
Premier Citizen

Earwigs. Can't bear them, never have been able to since I was a small child, it's not some irrational terror but I don't want those things anywhere near me or on me. I used to be the same with woodlice but I can tolerate those now in small doses.

Spiders don't bother me, we really like the house spiders in our place and only bother to move them on if they're likely to become a snack for the dogs.

My irrational fear is heights. It's really bad, I get shakey on a high kerb.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 14-05-2012, 01:03 PM
Regular

I've never been bothered by any creepy crawly, house spiders and ants are my least favourite but I can still appreciate them for what they are, flying I dont like, and its not the crashing and burning bit that bothers me, its the fact that I cant ding the bell and get off when i've had enough, its the feeling of being trapped in one space for hours I dont like.
0.1 Bairds Rat Snake(Boo)
0.2 Dwarf common Boa(Bim & Beau) 1.0 Dwarf pastel boa(Squidgy), 0.1 BRB
1.0 Bearded Dragon (Flash)
1x pokey metallica 2x avics( purpurea, vesicolor), 1x GBB, 1 x L.parahybana, 1x chaco
Old 14-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Ultra Citizen
Send a message via MSN to ashbosh Send a message via Skype™ to ashbosh

Its better to be scared of spiders than have Anatidaephobia!!

I have a mate who fears bananas! Literally craps his pants when he sees one. Thought he was mental, moved teams at work and met another lad exactly the same!!! Crazy irrational fear of a fruit!!
MrFerretman6 likes this.
Old 14-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Ultra Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbosh View Post
Its better to be scared of spiders than have Anatidaephobia!!

I have a mate who fears bananas! Literally craps his pants when he sees one. Thought he was mental, moved teams at work and met another lad exactly the same!!! Crazy irrational fear of a fruit!!
Yup i know someone who is scared of tomatoes

and another friend who is scared of crusty bread rolls

I on the other hand am petrified of false teeth
0.1 T stirmi - Felicity R.I.P
0.1 G pulchripes - Mosag

0.1 G pulchra - Obsidian

BBM PIN - 2A395567 - Add me
Xbox & PS3 tag BIGBootayyy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggys View Post
Sometimes I get confused when the sentence doesn't end in the way you potato.
Quote:
Originally Posted by selina20 View Post
potato
Old 14-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Super Citizen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiel View Post
Do you really hate to fly or do you hate to fall though? Flying isn't dangerous at all, falling at terminal velocity is though

I don't have any spiders at the moment because of living situation, but my mother is terrified of worms

As my girlfriend is a Saffa I have to fly there quite often. 12 hours of being stuck in a pressurised container. Wings held on by rivets. Powered by rockets with highly explosive fuel in them. Filled with unpredictable crazy people!

I hate flying with a passion but I still do it.

I kiss the ground every time I land!
Old 15-05-2012, 02:14 AM
Forum Citizen

i bought my first t besause i had a slight fear but at they same time found them amazing animals now i have six great t's i dont fear them anymore just respect them

'you always fear what you dont understand' -batman begins
ashbosh likes this.
Old 15-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Super Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFerretman6 View Post
As my girlfriend is a Saffa I have to fly there quite often. 12 hours of being stuck in a pressurised container. Wings held on by rivets. Powered by rockets with highly explosive fuel in them. Filled with unpredictable crazy people!

I hate flying with a passion but I still do it.

I kiss the ground every time I land!
Oh my god its horrific!! And its not just that, if im in a car/train/boat and it sinks or crashes I at least stand a chance. Not on a plane. If that death trap is coming down ive had it. Cant imagine anything worse than the fear of waiting for impact. Horrible. Nope, no way, no how, feet firmly on the ground please lol

Sent from my ST18i using Tapatalk
Old 15-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Ultra Citizen

The reason people tend to like Tarantulas and are scared of common house spiders is due to one thing and one thing alone.

With Tarantulas, they potter about in their tanks and generally dont do a whole lot. House spiders on the other hand have a nasty habit of appearing in dim lighting, and disappearing just as fast.

We as humans have built up a fear of fast moving objects, especially when caught out the corner of our eyes. Cars, objects being thrown, Buffalo running in your direction are scary if they are at the right distance away from us as to appear they are coming directly towards us. So that fast shadow you catch out of the corner of one eye, or even running right infront of you will appear more scary than a house spider walking slowly infront of you as you do the dishes.

I agree with MrFerretMan though, a fear of spiders is irrational.
A. avicularia, A. bicolouratum, A. sp."New River", B. albopilosum, B. auratum, B. boehmei, B. smithi, B. vagans, C. cyaneopubescens, C. darlingi, C. marshalli, C. oliveacum, C. sp "Sulawesi Black", E. murinus, E. sp. "Red", G. pulrchripes, H.gigas, L. sp "Borneo Black", L. parahybana, N. chromatus, P. cambridgei, P. irminia, P. murinus, P. reduncus, P. striata, P. ornata, P. ruffilata, P. sp "Aussie Goliath", T. gigas, T. stirmi, X. immanis

P. vitticeps, P. adspersus, C. pyrrhogaster, T. horsfieldii and my wee dog, Roxy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggys View Post
May I just take this moment to say you sir are a legend
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bexzini
Haha I'm too scared but I'm having a few drinks in a minute so I will probably get cocky later on :P xx

Tags
arachnaphobia