Aphonopelma sp new river or Aphonopelma chalcodes - Page 2 - Reptile Forums

Go Back   Reptile Forums > Help and Chat > Spiders and Inverts


  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:07 AM
jb1962's Avatar
Super Citizen
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Essex
Posts: 818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina20 View Post
The trick is to not overfeed. Most of them are wild caught so tend to fast when overfed.

They can be skittish but that is down to the individual and they do tend to flick hairs when startled.

I personally like the New Rivers because they were the 1st Aphonopelma i ever saw and i think one of the most striking.

All spiders will try and get out if the tank is open
I like the new river better in look's.
What I meant was do they come out as easy as E sp red lol.. They just move once they know that lid is off lol
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:09 AM
jb1962's Avatar
Super Citizen
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Essex
Posts: 818
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarantulaguy01 View Post
there both lovely t.s what ever you choose you will not be disappointed
I agree it was just finding out what they both are like from people that keep them.
Always good to get a head's up so I know what to expect
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2013, 12:40 PM
selina20's Avatar
No Life Member
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Warwickshire/Portsmouth
Posts: 19,844
Reviews: 8
Send a message via MSN to selina20 Send a message via Yahoo to selina20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb1962 View Post
I like the new river better in look's.
What I meant was do they come out as easy as E sp red lol.. They just move once they know that lid is off lol
It always depends on the individual. Iv met some really calm ones and some really scatty ones
sn8ks4life likes this.
__________________


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2013, 01:40 PM
Forum Citizen
Join Date: May 2010
Location: birmingham
Posts: 406
Default

my new river is quite scatty! it molted the other day but doesnt seem any bigger..just better looking!lol
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2013, 09:53 PM
corny girl's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 11,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina20 View Post
The trick is to not overfeed. Most of them are wild caught so tend to fast when overfed.

They can be skittish but that is down to the individual and they do tend to flick hairs when startled.

I personally like the New Rivers because they were the 1st Aphonopelma i ever saw and i think one of the most striking.

All spiders will try and get out if the tank is open

I have to disagree with you here Selina, sorry but i keep this species & have a fair few (don't remember seeing that you have any Aphonopelma's to be honest) & they aren't skittish & they don't tend to flick either. How can you say you like the new rivers when there is no real difference between them? There are quite a few that look identical, i forgot the Sp flagstaff orange off my original list. Me & Lynda had a load in their tubs next to each other & i bet we could of asked you which was which & you wouldn't of known, that's how alike they are .
__________________





Member 29559







Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2013, 09:57 PM
selina20's Avatar
No Life Member
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Warwickshire/Portsmouth
Posts: 19,844
Reviews: 8
Send a message via MSN to selina20 Send a message via Yahoo to selina20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corny girl View Post
I have to disagree with you here Selina, sorry but i keep this species & have a fair few (don't remember seeing that you have any Aphonopelma's to be honest) & they aren't skittish & they don't tend to flick either. How can you say you like the new rivers when there is no real difference between them? There are quite a few that look identical, i forgot the Sp flagstaff orange off my original list. Me & Lynda had a load in their tubs next to each other & i bet we could of asked you which was which & you wouldn't of known, that's how alike they are .
Ask Lynda who she got the bicoloratum off lol.

How do you know what i know and what i dont know? Just because i dont spout it constantly on numerous groups 2 seconds after someones posted a photo lol. I prefer the New Rivers because they are closest to my heart due to a friend who has left the hobby now. Im pretty sure thats as valid a point as any. Also i have seen skitty specimens. You cannot say that every single specimen is as friendly as yours are. You are not an expert and are in fact far from it.
sn8ks4life likes this.
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:13 PM
corny girl's Avatar
Postaholic Member
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 11,670
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by selina20 View Post
Ask Lynda who she got the bicoloratum off lol.

How do you know what i know and what i dont know? Just because i dont spout it constantly on numerous groups 2 seconds after someones posted a photo lol. I prefer the New Rivers because they are closest to my heart due to a friend who has left the hobby now. Im pretty sure thats as valid a point as any. Also i have seen skitty specimens. You cannot say that every single specimen is as friendly as yours are. You are not an expert and are in fact far from it.

No i'm not an expert but at least i actually keep the species the person is asking about so have more right to comment than someone who doesn't actually keep them!!! Yeah you had a bicoloratum but that was ages ago & that's not a chalcodes or Sp new river is it?
__________________





Member 29559







Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2013, 10:15 PM
selina20's Avatar
No Life Member
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Warwickshire/Portsmouth
Posts: 19,844
Reviews: 8
Send a message via MSN to selina20 Send a message via Yahoo to selina20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corny girl View Post
No i'm not an expert but at least i actually keep the species the person is asking about so have more right to comment than someone who doesn't actually keep them!!! Yeah you had a bicoloratum but that was ages ago & that's not a chalcodes or Sp new river is it?
How do you know i havent kept New River??? Can you say 100% i have never ever kept one??
__________________


Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2013, 11:17 PM
Mark75's Avatar
5 Star Member
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Portsmouth
Posts: 4,625
Send a message via MSN to Mark75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by corny girl View Post
No i'm not an expert but at least i actually keep the species the person is asking about so have more right to comment than someone who doesn't actually keep them!!! Yeah you had a bicoloratum but that was ages ago & that's not a chalcodes or Sp new river is it?

You have no more right to comment than any other person on here. Did I miss the memo to join the Aphonopelma elite? You don't have exclusivity over the genus. Yes, you have a few but most tarantula hobbyists have kept one or 2 over the years. I had an A.seemani back in 1992 (does that give me more right to answer a question on that species?). Individuals within a species are all different. Some will be skittish, some will be flicky.

Go for which ever one you prefer fella.
AilsaM and sn8ks4life like this.
__________________


Follow me on Twitter

Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2013, 10:42 AM
sn8ks4life's Avatar
Premier Citizen
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: pompey:)
Posts: 3,344
Default

Wow people are getting a bit stressy here aint they

just because someone doesn't keep them now, or maybe never doesn't mean they know nothing, and just because someone keeps a few, doesn't mean they know everything, we are all here due to the fact we love Ts of all sorts, there is no need for bickering guys!!!

and yea they all look the same
i've met a few that are dead gnarly, i wouldn't take the lid of without a pot in my hand incase cos they were skittish and ran like hell, and some that were relatively chilled, all depends on individual spider same as with any species really....

which ever decision you make you wont regret it, the new river is gorgeous so congrats on your choice pics when you have it OP!!!!!
selina20 and AilsaM like this.
__________________
my names CHRIS, i must remember this soon




END BSL!!!
http://www.ddawatch.co.uk/

http://www.facebook.com/sn8ks4life
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
SW England Aphonopelma Chalcodes Pincer Invert Classifieds 1 27-10-2011 09:17 PM
SW England Aphonopelma Chalcodes Colosseum Invert Classifieds 1 08-08-2010 03:32 PM
Scotland Aphonopelma Chalcodes **starry11** Invert Classifieds 6 13-07-2010 01:27 PM
Aphonopelma chalcodes Jb1432 Spiders and Inverts 16 22-09-2009 11:22 AM
Aphonopelma chalcodes Spiderman2.5 Spiders and Inverts 10 28-04-2008 05:58 PM



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:48 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright © 2005 - 2011, Reptile Forums (RFUK™)