Go Back   Reptile Forums > Sponsor Forums > Vendors > Whats That LTD

Old 25-05-2011, 06:25 PM
Super Regular

I send you a e- mail.
best regards

Old 09-06-2011, 05:14 PM
Super Citizen
Send a message via MSN to Ailurus

Body has been received, I appreciate the delivery of the body. You have a pm, please reply to me. Thanks

Work: Global Geckos Reptile Shop
Private: Middlebrook Reptiles
Old 10-06-2011, 03:49 PM
UK No1 Courier.

Reply sent

(make sure your courier can provide this, otherwise the vechicle is unauthorised)

Now covering Guernsey and Jersey on a weekly basis.

Direct Dial number 07436 564932
Email
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 13-07-2011, 09:24 AM
Ultra Citizen

I have decided 7 months is long enough to keep quiet in the hope that my situation will some how become rectified.

Before any of you start sending nasty PMís or saying what fantastic service you have had, please read the following and put yourself in my shoes. Proof to me of how good a company is, is not when things are running smoothly, but when something goes wrong and what the owner does to rectify the situation and make good.

Obviously i was absolutely devastated when i found out that my reptiles which i had been excitedly waiting for, were dead. I had been saving up and looking forward to getting them for a long time. But I also felt terrible for Steve and he promised he would do whatever it took to put things right, saying he was insured and even on the rare chance they didnít pay out he would replace the animals at the next show for me, but i was certainly going to get recompense and he was going to do all he could for me. Although the animals i lost are quite rare and unlikely to be replicated i appreciated what Steve had said and was trying to do.

A while later I was sent a letter from Steve asking for all the details of the animals, prices etc for him to forward to his insurance company, which i sent to him on the 24th January.

Having not heard anything 3 weeks later, and on finally managing to contact Steve i was told he hadnít received a letter, the same as Ailrus who sent out 3 letters, strangely none of them arrived. All recorded letters sent were eventually returned as they were unsigned for. I then handed a copy to Steve personally so he could forward it to his insurance company.

The next Hamm was rapidly approaching, Steve was not taking my calls so i went to the insurance company directly, they said they had not received any paper work from Steve or from anybody else regarding any claim and were not aware of the situation, Steve told me they were lying, as he had handed them my documents. I then sent my paperwork direct to the insurance company.

I only received a reply from the insurance company last week after chasing them, i was totally unaware of this thread written over 3 months ago, surely out of common courtesy having lost my animals and a large sum of money, i would have least been made aware of the contents of this thread!!!

What it basically means that any reptile couriers insurance is the same as any one elses who drives, a far as i can see any animal is transported at the owners risk and if it is lost or dies there is no come back on the courier.
No autopsies were done on any of the 6 animals that i lost so i have had to take his word that they all died as stated

You say you provide 'Self Insured' cover for live animals who suffer death, does this mean i will actually get some recompense? Why have i heard nothing about this?

I spoke to Steve again last week on finding this thread, he asked me to send him a PM to remind him to contact me, and said he will get back to me by Monday to sort things out, another empty promise then, as yet again he has ignored me.

Please donít reply to this thread to say ďiíve had good service from TarantulabarnĒ well thatís great, I have used them for a few years myself with no major problem, and i think that to me makes the way i am now being treated much worse.

I am sorry I have had to do this, Steve, you know me and know it is not my style, but you have not replied to my PMs, calls etc and just keep fobbing me off with lies and excuses, hoping i will keep quiet or maybe forget my loss.

Tarantulabarn has not been proactive, attempted to contact me or to find replacements. I admit i have been totally naive as i always like to think the best of people and having known Steve for a while believed he would do as he had promised to.
Demonique likes this.

"Be who you are and say what you feel....
Because those that matter...
don't mind...
And those that mind... don't matter."

Please check out our range of gecko diets at www.geckodiet.co.uk
Old 13-07-2011, 11:35 AM
Super Citizen
Send a message via MSN to Ailurus

Just to reiterate what Sue has said.

It has been over half a year since this occurred and still nothing has been sorted out. I, as Sue did, eventually contacted the insurance company directly to try and sort out my claim.

Received a reply saying they are not covered for Live animals. You have therefore lied to me.

I am currently seeking legal advice and you shall hear from me shortly.

Will anyone who also lost any animals on this trip please contact me or Sue.

Thanks
Demonique likes this.

Work: Global Geckos Reptile Shop
Private: Middlebrook Reptiles
Old 13-07-2011, 07:38 PM
UK No1 Courier.

We have NEVER stated we are fully insured against the death of live animals.

In fact to the contrary, we were the first (that we know of) not to hide behind the 'fully insured' claim.

On our website, we clearly state we DO NOT provide all risk insurance on live animals. This is due to the fact the insurance market does not provide it. In the all the years we have been involved in animals, we have requested the insurance details of many who claim to be fully insured, not one has provided this.

Collecting an animal that we have no knowledge of, or any statement of condition is risky, We know of many private individuals who have lost animals on the way back from shows, they just donít broadcast it. Many animals simply die for no apparent reason, as can be seen on many threads on this forum.

For an insurance company to provide all risk (which if you donít know means cover for death or injury no matter how caused) one would have to refer to a farm livestock policy and arrange submission of vets reports to the insurance company before travel, and even then they would only consider certain species.

Our self insurance clearly states under what circumstances it would apply, those where death or injury are the result of our negligence, in other words if we caused the death through an action which we would reasonably have been expected to know would have caused such death, or a failure to provide welfare in line with that reasonably expected for that species.

Our site is quite clear that no other insurance for live animals applies.

We DO however, have carry public and product liability insurance, which would cover for costs involved in an loss to a customer or member of the public due to our negligence. However, due to the vet report and lack of other indications, negligence has not been established, and in fact has been shown to be not applicable in this situation.

As stated above, 7 months is a long time, in which every one involved has had copies of paperwork, and the opportunity to have the bodies returned for their own inspection, more than enough chance to attempt to disagree with our vets report. Only two clients have requested the return of the bodies, and as yet, nether has provided any evidence to cast doubt on our original findings.

Going back to the day these event took place, it is true that when we phoned those involved, we did state we would do all we could to sort the situation. Only one person has sent anything like documents to show the cost of animals etc., and that was only recently, although we do acknowledge he sent copies around the last bank holidays, which we were not in to sign for, and the post office returned prior to the holiday close down.

Sue, we were made aware by our insurance company of your claim direct to them, not to , and you only heard recently that they were not paying out on your claim (as per your phone call last week), so its not right to say we have been delaying this.

Since the December show, we have taken steps to further secure the welfare of all animals carried by restricting the collections we are prepared to make to those breeders we know stand by their animals, even if this has resulted in reduced jobs. Whilst we donít believe our equipment was to blame (having had it tested) we have in fact uprated the items we use on board to provide an even more stable environment with added alarm functions. This has not been done because of any fault, but because we are always learning, and trying to improve all the time, and whilst unfortunate, this event has taught us much.

So, to summarise the above:

We DO NOT offer or provide all risk insurance for live animals
We DO provide free of charge cover of up to £5000 for inert items such as vivs
We DO undertake to cover up to £100 per animal if WE cause its death

We DO NOT offer to hand out cash for unsubstantiated values for animals who donít make the trip when we have not done anything wrong.

We believe we have been clear on our position regarding liability and insurance, despite the claims of untrained and uninvolved third parties who just like to chip in.

We DO NOT intend to continue with any further discussion regarding insurance or liability. As stated on other occasions, there are legal avenues that are available if those involved feel they need to attempt to prove otherwise.

However :

We do understand that this has been a painful experience, and those who have lost out have not done anything wrong. Just as we believe that as we have not done anything wrong and as such should not loose out, we believe the same applies to our clients.

We also accept that December was a hard month for many, with Steveís Illness and subsequent time away from the business for some time.

So, whilst not accepting liability in any form, we are prepared, in the case of the December Hamm show, to relax the conditions on our self insurance, and provide cover under that scheme whilst negating the issue negligence. In other words, whilst we in no way whatsoever accept or admit any negligence on our part, we will recompense those claimants who provide evidence of pricing, to the levels indicated (purchase price or £100 per animal).

To take up this offer, please email us at [email protected] and supply your name and address (to ensure we have the correct details). We will then send by recorded mail, a form, which you can use to state your claim and accompany with supporting documents showing the costs of each animal. This should then be returned to us via recorded mail only

Upon receipt, we will put them together and arrange payment schedules with each individual person.

NO other correspondence will be entered into other than in relation to the above repayment scheme.

Of course, no one has to take up this offer, and the option to claim the full purchase price via legal action still remains.

(make sure your courier can provide this, otherwise the vechicle is unauthorised)

Now covering Guernsey and Jersey on a weekly basis.

Direct Dial number 07436 564932
Email
Closed Thread