Reptile Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would love to get a bearded dragon but I was wondering how much does it cost for food ect per month, not including the viv and the price of the beardie. :crazy: Money is not an issue but I was wondering how much it cost around to feed it and that.

·
Registered
98 Posts
im spending about £20 a week on veg n crix but the pricey part is getting the viv and the lizards that u wanting unless u can get a one of a breeder, all the best mat

·
Registered
21,190 Posts
depends if you get a baby or an adult, baby dragons can eat upto 300 crix a day and at £3-£4 for 100 (shop prices) you can see for yourself, adults dont eat as much, then theres veg which isnt all that expensive but it adds up, you can buy bulk bags of 1000 crix for around £10-£15 from online shops but at 300 per day that will only last you for 3-4 days,locusts are more expensive and shops normally sell them per locust rather than per tub, the shop i go to sells locust for 20p each for medium to 60p each for adults and my year old BD will eat 15-20 locusts a day.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
the greens can be FREE, just make sure you know where dandelions and chickory grow, mine love them, as for live food, depending on what age B.D you are looking at getting, just start a breeding colony of cockroaches!, they live on kitchen scraps! but you will still need to have a supply of crix and locusts...and dont forget the wax worms!!!!

·
Registered
846 Posts
not forgetting the extra electric used for lighting,heating and stats and the odd pinkie,fuzzy if adult beardies, but i would agree on what mark said for a cost

1 - 5 of 5 Posts