Reptile Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, if anyone in the UK owns whites tree frog I would love some advice, so many websites out there for them are American and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything because the UK climate is so different. I am due to get my 2 baby whites on Friday and this is what I have so far:

- 45x45x45cm Exo-Terrarium
- 45CM Light Hood and a Exo Terra Reptile 25W Bulb arriving on Friday
  • A small heat mat taped to the bottom
  • An analogue thermo-humidity gauge
  • A small water bowl and some fake greenery/branches for the froggies to sit on/hide under
  • Kitchen paper-towels to use as substrate

- A spray bottle for misting the Terrarium

Is there anything else glaring out to you guys that is missing? The apartment I'm in stays relatively warm and doesn't go below 20 degrees (and will hopefully be quite a bit warmer in the Exo tank with the heat mat). Is your guys experience with whites that they are pretty care-free and tolerant of the UK climate or do you have to be really specific and careful with temperatures/humidity? Any advice would be grand! :)

Registered
Hello, if anyone in the UK owns whites tree frog I would love some advice, so many websites out there for them are American and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything because the UK climate is so different. I am due to get my 2 baby whites on Friday and this is what I have so far:

- 45x45x45cm Exo-Terrarium
- 45CM Light Hood and a Exo Terra Reptile 25W Bulb arriving on Friday

• A small heat mat taped to the bottom
    • An analogue thermo-humidity gauge
    • A small water bowl and some fake greenery/branches for the froggies to sit on/hide under
    • Kitchen paper-towels to use as substrate

- A spray bottle for misting the Terrarium

Is there anything else glaring out to you guys that is missing? The apartment I'm in stays relatively warm and doesn't go below 20 degrees (and will hopefully be quite a bit warmer in the Exo tank with the heat mat). Is your guys experience with whites that they are pretty care-free and tolerant of the UK climate or do you have to be really specific and careful with temperatures/humidity? Any advice would be grand! :)
Hi what are you using to control the temperature of your heat mat.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Hi what are you using to control the temperature of your heat mat.
This heat mat doesn't require a ministat is it gives off an extremely gentle ambient heat. I've had it on the past 48 hours to test it and it's still a very gentle warmth coming through :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts