Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Viv Builder
4,406 Posts
Don't worry about it.

It'll probably be lying next to somebody in thier bed sizing them up ready for it's next meal.

In all honesty, it's most likely a 2ft corn snake :lol2:

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
quick send arron of essex jungle up there to find it, one way of course:devil:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
because they dont know how awesome snakes are obv lol, seriously you'd think there was a man-eating monster out there *sigh*

on a slightly unrelated note, a few weeks ago after searching my living room for my corn snake i ended up having to slash open my sofa to get him out... boyfriend had great pleasure in telling me 'i told you so' after i said he couldnt fit down the back of the couch lol

·
Registered
9,905 Posts
To be fair not everyone is used to huge snakes, I wouldn't be particularly happy if a 12ft burmese was on the loose near me either, but I'd be more concerned about my cats getting out than it getting in! I think it's a bit unfair to judge people for being scared of a potentially very dangerous animal, even if the risk is small - some people don't know snakes, some people are phobic, it doesn't make their upset over the top just because they're not into the same things we are.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
Well I for one will not be leaving my house just in case it heads to Essex, Burms suck!
it could eat all your yummy snakies!:Na_Na_Na_Na: and it would be feckin orange and vijazzled if it stray into essex!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sorry if i came across arsey - i was being light hearted with my comment. i do understand as my boyfriends sister is scared of snakes and he wanted to take ours out today to show our other visitors but i said no as i knew how scared she would be, and ours is an ickle 3-footer. i have a brother with proper arachnophobia to the point he cant even look at pictures of spiders. i do get it trust me, but its not one or two people, its like mass hysteria :/ i think thats just the way of the world these days tho, things get blown out of proportion and sensationalised

but you have a point there, i didnt think about cats and dogs that could be in danger :(

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
So would this be a case of finders keeeper. Got my bicycle clips and a wicker basket:whistling2:

Reactions: KathyM

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
i dont understand the thing about burms (or other big snakes) and cats and dogs.
cant say for dogs but i have a big burm and cat. the bloody cat walks on the side of the burms viv and not once has it shown any interset.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts