Reptile Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little rat litters opened their eyes today :2thumb: Got 20 in total, in 2 seperate litters

There are quite a few brown hooded, or brown banded is it?

Also quite a few which are hooded but have a very light beige brown.

2 or of particular interest. one almost seems hairless? Very short and patchy coat, cant really get a good pic.

The other of interest is one that has an almost silver colour hood.

Was hoping people could enlighten me to what i have?

Pics below, although very hard to photograph wriggly babies.

If anyone likes one in particular let me know, might be able to sell you it :2thumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
I may be wrong as I'm on the lappy but they look agouti, mink and blue to me.

Someone else on a proper PC will be laong later to tell me I'm wrong I'm sure.

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
What's mum and dad?

I see agouti hooded, black hooded, some sort of silver/blue/platinum hooded (cant say without knowing parents - what colour eyes does he/she have?), and what looks like cinnamon hooded.

The rexy or hairless ones look silver fawn on my monitor, but tbh that's just a guess. Are they all definitely from the same litter?

Edited to add: just read again that it's two seperate litters. Would need to know what both sets of parents were, and even then it might only be a guess.

·
Registered
9,905 Posts
The two on the right hand side of the left photo look siamese based?

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's mum and dad?

I see agouti hooded, black hooded, some sort of silver/blue/platinum hooded (cant say without knowing parents - what colour eyes does he/she have?), and what looks like cinnamon hooded.

The rexy or hairless ones look silver fawn on my monitor, but tbh that's just a guess. Are they all definitely from the same litter?

Edited to add: just read again that it's two seperate litters. Would need to know what both sets of parents were, and even then it might only be a guess.
The father of all is a brown hooded/banded. and they are a mix of two litters (stred the load between two females as one had a really small litter). So mother of some is a black hooded/banded also, but the mother of most of the lighter ones is just a red eyed white, but does have a little bit of darker hair towards the tail. Certainly looks nothing like the babies.

The only hairless like one is on the top right corner of the 2nd picture if you can see it? Just has stubby scruffy looking hair.

Was surprised to have so much variety. No doubt they have vary varied grandparents.

Cheers for all the advice by the way : victory: hope the extra info helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts