Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is pretty awesome, and hopefully you guys do too!
Tomorrow morning, Im going to be starting a backpiece on a friend of mine, to raise money for Leukemia research (which his son is very ill from).
Its already been drawn up, and consists of 3 angels round giant praying hands, with rosaries and a cross.
We're starting at 8 in the morning and finishing at 11 at night. Hopefully we get it all done, and can get a bit more work done on his sleeve, but whatever happens, he will sit there for 15 hours!
Its going to be very tiring for both of us, but, fortunately we have raised hundreds of pounds for the charity, we have at least 2 local newspapers featuring it, and hopefully, will have local tv news covering the event as well as a big shout out in church this morning from a good friend of mine, who is the vicar there.
If you would like to donate to this, and are in the sudbury, suffolk area, please make your way own to inky joes tattoos and fill out a form

peace

·
Registered
266 Posts
Wow thats going to be an amazing day! I hope you manage to get through it, you're doing it for an amazing cause, good luck to the both of you. If i was closer I'd definately sponsor you!

·
Viva Le France.
18,842 Posts
Is that safe? I would've thought that would've sent his body into shock.

Good luck, regardless.

·
Registered
17,204 Posts
Ive had 10 hours of work done non-stop in one sitting and that was a killer day. I was more tired at the end of it than any day at physical labour.

good luck to him

·
Registered
12,152 Posts
I'll be down to make a donation. Can't people who are too far away donate through paypal? Better get a good sleep tonight Joe and post pics on here too!:)

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that safe? I would've thought that would've sent his body into shock.

Good luck, regardless.
lots of chocolate:whistling2:

Hes going to sign a special disclaimer, and there will be a qualified first aider should anything go wrong.
Ive heard of people being tattooed for longer than that, and im confident he'll do it, its for his boy

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be down to make a donation. Can't people who are too far away donate through paypal? Better get a good sleep tonight Joe and post pics on here too!:)
yeah, im pretty knackered already, i reckon I'll crash out on the sofa soon. I dont have a paypal account for donations. I think this is a good opportunity to simply raise awareness for leukemia, and if people want to donate, they can do that directly to leukemia research: victory:

·
Registered
20,204 Posts
Amazing thing your doing pal, good luck with it, remember your monster energy to get you through the day and night, i can remember kat von d doing something similar where she tattooed aload of people in 24 hours. Someone having 15 hours work in one session though and the tattooist constantly doing the work is going to be mad, hope you get plenty of coverage for it and enjoy the day: victory:

·
Registered
10,426 Posts
Best of luck with it, you're doing a great thing and I hope it goes well for both of you x

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks for all the support and well wishes. were hoping for loads of coverage and loads more sponsors on the day. i organised an event on my facebook group (in my sig) and posted that out to over 1100 members, and I'll do another one tomorrow (or probably tuesday) reminding people they can still sponsor.:whistling2:
I think its one of those things I'l remember for a long time!

·
Viva Le France.
18,842 Posts
Remember, pics. Lots of them.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
We just got in, we finished the backpiece in little over 15 hours, and paul sat like an absolute rock! I'll put pics up later.
we made well over £600 in sponsor money, though if anyone wants to lay down some dough for the sick kids, theres still time:whistling2:

·
Registered
13,364 Posts
We just got in, we finished the backpiece in little over 15 hours, and paul sat like an absolute rock!
Woah. I bet he'll feel that tomorrow...:gasp:

·
Viva Le France.
18,842 Posts
Way to go guys. Can't wait for pics. : victory:

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Id like to say a big thankyou to people on here who sponsored, SSmode, Scaley(cheers for the beer afterwards buddy), bexybabes, teabag, and colin from abbey reptiles

you guys rock!

this is using the 49 needle mag, he really didnt like this bit

this is Dylan, pauls poor son, who we were raising money for

And the finished article

enjoy

oops, some of those pics were a bit shit lol

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Congratulations both of you and well done for raising so much money!:2thumb:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts