Reptile Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,469 Posts
a couple of goldfish? small group of neon tetras?

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hmm.. its quite dinky but maybe some really small frog or gecko species? Something like a house gecko?? I think it was someone on here who got something called a mourning gecko (?) that was tiny and does fine in a 1ft cubed viv :D

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
pimp. goldfish CANNOT live in that size tank for any worth whle amount of time. maybe 6 months but any longer and yo're being cruel. not having a go, but we get so many people come in to work and ask for a goldfish bowl, or a small tank without a filter for their 6 inch goldfish.

you might get a leo in there. maybe a smaller tree frog, like Dendrobates amazonicus.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had a leopard gecko in a viv, about the same size as that.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
maybe a house gecko or something? or a hatchling of some species? but then you'd need to upgrade.

I keep treefrogs and although pretty small they need a big viv as they jump to catch their food and they need the space to do so. Terrestrial frogs dont need as much though, you'd probably fit a pacman frog nicely in there, or some Firebelly toads or african clawed toads?

Look for terrestrial specie that arent too active and im sure you'll find something that interests you. Also, you can increase the usable space in vivs by making a platform with a sturdy ladder leading to it so terrestrial species can use it too.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Giant Millipede, or put a divider in and a couple of sub adult spiders :wink: okay not a lizard but I will try to convert the world...Spiders are your friends and you need to love them (chant until convinced)

·
Premium Member
23,539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sorry dear, no way am i having a spider. Everything about them just scares me. They may not be harmless, but i've tried overcoming my fear of them. It's just impossible. :S

1 - 16 of 16 Posts