Reptile Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with this...
We have a very special ~18mnth old male Bearded Dragon. He has been unwell for about a month now; very lethargic, not eating etc.
He has been with the vet for the last 11 days providing intensive care; feeding directly into his stomach, rehydration and baths, etc.
Fecal samples showed pinworm eggs and coccidia, although not at a level that would be especially concerning. Given that he was so unwell these have been treated.
Blood tests have indicated an infection with raised and toxic white cells.
He is being treated with two different antibiotics but showing no signs of improving and the vet says has no quality of life.

We now have to decide whether to continue this care for another week to see if there is any change or to euthanise him.

Such a difficult situation but wondering if anyone has experienced something similar and has any thoughts they can offer or something we may have missed.

Thank you

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
I would suggest contacting Woodrott on here. He is the breeder of Fire and Ice dragons in Uk and is also vet trained. He may have some better insight for you as to your options

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, unfortunately I was unable to log in after.
Sadly he had deteriorated so much there was no choice to make and we had to say goodbye. We have been totally heartbroken since. He was a very special boy. :-(

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.