Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2 Cumberland/Yellow belly sliders 6" in size free to good home, North Wales area.

If equipment is needed for temporary housing I have the following available for just £40.

3 foot aquarium with lid
Fluval 4+ filter
Fluval 3 filter
Heater
Dual fluorescent ballast with UVB and Sunglow tubes

·
Premium Member
13,849 Posts
Unfortunately none of that equipment would be suitable for a pair of 6" turts, not even temporarily!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately none of that equipment would be suitable for a pair of 6" turts, not even temporarily!
Thats a bit over the top me thinks.

Thanks for the negative input.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
i just wish u werent in north wales :p my girlfriend would love them :p would make a perfect christmas present!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Equipment sold apart from the light unit.

That was a 36" x 24" x 18" laminate glass aquarium btw.

·
Premium Member
13,849 Posts
Thats a bit over the top me thinks.
Not really, inadequate is inadequate however you look at it. Unfortunately newbies might not know that it's inadequate though, and might assume that because you're offering it then it must be suitable, which it isn't.

The tank was far too small, the lid inappropriate, the external filters next to useless, the heater unneccessary, only the lights may have been of some use assuming they were fairly new, so what was over the top about saying it was unsuitable?

If it prevents someone putting the turts into a totally inadequate setup then surely that's a positive input, not negative!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If it prevents someone putting the turts into a totally inadequate setup then surely that's a positive input, not negative!
I wont disagree with you there. I'll eat you're hat it looks more organic lol.

It was not that bad a setup in my hands.
47 gallon tank no substrate, "vented lid" , modified Fluvals "INTERNAL"(yes there not ideal) one works as a corse strainer with Calcium buffer the other for biological, and the secret no feeding in the tank.

Ammonia 0: NitrIte 0: NitrAte ~ 20-30: GH 18-20: KH 8: pH 7.2

1 - 8 of 8 Posts