Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So like... i have a 4 yr old royal python and a baby florida kingsnake, less than a year old. I want to put the kingsnake in the other viv with the python but im not sure if its a good idea. any suggestions/advice ? ?

Cheers,
Neitus :whip:

·
Registered
8,925 Posts
So like... i have a 4 yr old royal python and a baby florida kingsnake, less than a year old. I want to put the kingsnake in the other viv with the python but im not sure if its a good idea. any suggestions/advice ? ?

Cheers,

Maybe you can squeeze a retic in there as well? Would save on 9l RUBs!

Reactions: Raynor_NFFC

·
Registered
3,134 Posts

Cheers,
it's not a good idea, in fact, its a stupid one. about as stupid as this troll.

·
Registered
623 Posts
why not add a croc as well:2thumb:
See this is why i'm beginning to hate this site, This guy asked a simple question and most of you either slated him or mocked him. I know it was a stupid question but he's obviously a beginner. This site needs to reform badly, a simple yes or no would have suited his question.

·
Registered
633 Posts
See this is why i'm beginning to hate this site, This guy asked a simple question and most of you either slated him or mocked him. I know it was a stupid question but he's obviously a beginner. This site needs to reform badly, a simple yes or no would have suited his question.
time of the month?

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
A simple 'no' would not educate, however a couple of links to posts on cohabiting may have been better along with a very definate no about not cohabiting ANYTHING without learning about it FIRST! : victory:
(I must admit, when I first saw it I ignored it as I considered it may be a-trolling)!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Yeah the man version. Its just if people aren't insulting beginners on this thread they're insulting them on another and it seems to be happening more frequently now.
i figured it was just some troll trying to get a rise out of the members by posting something like this and then watching all the shocked responses giggling away at the worry they've cause to well meaning people trying to help.

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
What you mean 'now'.... it's always been like this.... or worse!

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
To the OP.......you should not keep them together. Each snake has different husbandry requirements and you won't be able to meet each snake's needs if they are housed together. With one growing considerably larger than the other the smaller one may not be able to thermoregulate properly which could cause health problems.

Much better to house them separately and keep them both happy and healthy.

·
Registered
623 Posts
A simple 'no' would not educate, however a couple of links to posts on cohabiting may have been better along with a very definate no about not cohabiting ANYTHING without learning about it FIRST! : victory:
(I must admit, when I first saw it I ignored it as I considered it may be a-trolling)!
You're right, they do need to know why, but they don't need to be mocked for their question, looking at jeffers and purple D specifically.

·
Registered
865 Posts
i kinda just read over it as well expecting it to be a troll thread, but then maybe im wrong to assume that ppl research before getting a new pet, king snakes are so named as they are like the king cobra, i.e they eat other snakes and then theres the whole usual argument for cohabiting that can be found by typing cohabiting into the search box if the king part isnt enough reason.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts