Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 193 Posts

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ftmphh gave birth 4 days ago to 5 little skunk kits. Fortunately she has not proven to be the psycho-mum that Blossom was last year, and is graciously allowing me to look into the nest at the kits. It is also fortunate because she has chosen the bottom of the pots and pans cupboard in the kitchen to den down in, right below the microwave.
I have no idea of the sexes yet but all five seem to be doing well.

The eye in this one just says "That's far enough!"

Hopefully if things continue like this I shall update this thread every day for anyone who's interested.

·
Registered
770 Posts
awwwww they are bloomin gorgeouse ide love a skunk but OH wont let me:bash: congrats on the skunk litter bet you are well chuffed well done mommy skunk xxxx

·
Registered
691 Posts
Fantastic news! My little Lavender is expanding by the day, so hopefully there will be kits here too soon! Can you give me some tips on how to tell if they are getting close? I'm checking teats daily and I think I can feel movement when I put my hand under her belly. There's no milk yet, so I'm guessing she's at least a week away...

Hope your babies continue to do well!

·
Registered
38,264 Posts
cuties :flrt: loving the one with the spot

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
They are really lovely, congrats

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Days 5 and 6

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
do you mind me askin ray how long you leave your male and female together to mate for?
we put chester and dice together, and after about an hour of him tryna figure out what to do, he was on her a couple of times, then she got nowty and started batterin the shit outta him so we swifty seperated them and are reluctant to put them back together.

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
do you mind me askin ray how long you leave your male and female together to mate for?
we put chester and dice together, and after about an hour of him tryna figure out what to do, he was on her a couple of times, then she got nowty and started batterin the shit outta him so we swifty seperated them and are reluctant to put them back together.
All our females live with males 24/7 Cat, until they make it plain that they do not want to be around the male anymore. Blossom was speyed after her litter last year as she was a complete psychopath and we were not going through that again. Whilst she was mated by Pepe, Maple did not produce any babies, but Blossom did (also impregnated by Pepe). We have found that some females prefer certain males, Maple hates George with a passion, but has a big soft spot for Pepe and will tolerate Fred, Bluebell (speyed) will happily spend time with any of them.

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
All our females live with males 24/7 Cat, until they make it plain that they do not want to be around the male anymore. Blossom was speyed after her litter last year as she was a complete psychopath and we were not going through that again. Whilst she was mated by Pepe, Maple did not produce any babies, but Blossom did (also impregnated by Pepe). We have found that some females prefer certain males, Maple hates George with a passion, but has a big soft spot for Pepe and will tolerate Fred, Bluebell (speyed) will happily spend time with any of them.
so potentially after that one encounter with chester do you think he could have caught her? should i introduce them slowly? not sure ditta wants her livin with the boys permenantly (mojo is neutered)cos she enjoys cuddlin her at night too much....i dont even get a look in!:lol2:

·
Banned
6,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's possible that he may have caught her, but also possible he may have knocked her out of season. How along ago were they introduced?

·
Registered
12,377 Posts
It's possible that he may have caught her, but also possible he may have knocked her out of season. How along ago were they introduced?

was on the 9th of april so only a few weeks ago. shes been to the vets and he cant tell so early on. if shes been knocked out of season it doesnt matter, will just try again next time

·
Registered
691 Posts
Lavender's had her babies last night! Don't know how many, as I only heard a chorus of squeaks as she moved when I lifted the nest box lid. I put the lid back down and left her to it. Will keep you posted on progress!

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Congrats Ray! They look uber cute :)

1 - 20 of 193 Posts