Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2020 Vietnamese Blue Beauty Rat Snakes - Orthriophis Taeniurus Callicyanous

Hatched July 2020, Strong healthy babies who have now had two sheds & 5 feeds. These will become large snakes, both parents around 8-10ft and can be tamed quite easily. They are very rewarding to keep and are also diurnal meaning active in the day as well as semi-arboreal so will need climbing branches.

I would suggest a medium sized Exo-terra or vivarium with glass front as these are quite a visual species and live plants and or lots of hides/branches. They also grow quickly so although they are still young this will benefit.

I have multiple males and females available - Sold individually at £150, Pairs also available for £280

DM for further information.

However, If after a pair, I would advise that one of the sexes is then swapped with someone else seeking an unrelated pair or two females for instance could be purchased from me and then a male could be acquired from a different source later.

Some examples of the babies and the parents - I will eventually be taking pictures of individual snakes to post.

Dad:

One of two female that laid:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Photos

Babies consist of two clutches where the male bred both mothers. Babies below are from the above pictured father and mother: Marked as e.g MBM1 where ( MB=Is pairing, M/F=Male or female, 1= Individual number ).
These babies start out a bit dull but will colour up as they grow turning more blue. I believe given the colours of the parents these babies will grow to be stunning.

Males:

Females:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Photos

The below babies are from the second clutch. Pictured below is the mother, as mentioned above she was also bred to the male at the top of the post.

Mother (2 photos):

Males:

Females:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Updated availability-

MBM1 - Sold
MBM3 - Available
MBM6 - Available
MBF1 - On Hold
MBF4 - Sold
MBF6 - Available only as pair.

MVM1 - Available
MVM2 - Available
MVM3 - Available
MVM4 - Available
MVM5 - On Hold
MVF1 - On Hold
MVF2 - Sold
MVF3 - Available at slightly reduced price due to small kink in tail.
MVF4 - On Hold

1 - 8 of 8 Posts