Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the first clutches of 2022 in the incubator , what better time to look back at some 2021 highlights.

Approaching the yearling mark the colour palettes get brighter/intensify with every slough.

Lavender Albino (hi red genetics) x Green Snow.

Lavender Albino (hi red genetics) x Green Snow.

TRUE Superhypo , MY original phenotype reanimated , direct descendant from the founding one of a kind female.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Love the super hypos...I've said it already, but don't mind repeating myself, as these are so beautiful.
Cheers Mrs.T , those are something I'm immensely proud of and still rank high on the list of my unique San Diego gopher creations.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Albino Hi-Red x Superhypo MALE, The Hi-Red influence is in full effect here.

Multi Het x Superhypo MALE. The Superhypo gene is clearly phenotypically evident.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
Al just out of nosey interest which pituophis do you dislike and why.......

hope u and urs are well my friend
rgds
ed

Reactions: al stotton

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Al just out of nosey interest which pituophis do you dislike and why.......

hope u and urs are well my friend
rgds
ed
I'm good Thanks Ed , hope your bud.

I don't dislike like any Pituophis , to be honest , it would probably fairer to answer the question , which I personally choose not to keep?

The first / most obvious that springs to mind is probably sayi , although I did have some albinos in the 90s , I sold them on after less than a year for multiple reasons. They are indeed impressive snakes , but at the time I simply did not have the space to house them once adult size.

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The snake above is a het sibling of brand new project and I'm hoping for a clutch from a het pairing anytime soon , the visual phenotype has very unique colours.
One thing is very apparent on both the het's and the visual's ,the Orange is turned up to 11.

JUVENILE colours

ADULT colours

With my first ever clutch incubating ,I have yet to name this phenotype , although to my eyes it looks almost metallic ? , the colour is hard to catch on a photo as opposed to the naked eye.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Al, what sort of adult sizes are you dealing with?

I noted the comment about Bulls just getting a bit too big for husbandry, but am not familiar with the genus to have a gauge on gopher adult sizes.

The het, with a burnt orange/black pattern, is somehow more appealing to me than the T+
Horses for courses 🤷🏻‍♂️

Andy

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Al, what sort of adult sizes are you dealing with?

I noted the comment about Bulls just getting a bit too big for husbandry, but am not familiar with the genus to have a gauge on gopher adult sizes.

The het, with a burnt orange/black pattern, is somehow more appealing to me than the T+
Horses for courses 🤷🏻‍♂️

Andy
San Diegos are prob the smallest pit species , adult size is comparable to corns , just heavier bodied.

That black and orange colour combo is definitely very beautiful and the contrast makes it pop I'd say.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
the color reminds me of that "satin steel".

rgds
ed.

Reactions: al stotton
1 - 19 of 19 Posts