Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who do you think will be remembered in 200 years, and why.

I will go first.

1. JFK - He will be remembered for the obvious reasons: Assasinated on live TV, and the huge scandle, which is still debated to this day

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
barrack obama for obs reasons too!

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Einstein, Stalin, Churchill, Roosevelt, Nixon, The Beatles...
No chance the ones in red will be remembered. Yes, we all know them, but I bet if went outside and asked a dozen teenage kids who they were; they would have no idea.

I know they will be remembered when it comes to historic records, but doubt that future generations will even know who they are.

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
No chance the ones in red will be remembered. Yes, we all know them, but I bet if went outside and asked a dozen teenage kids who they were; they would have no idea.

I know they will be remembered when it comes to historic records, but doubt that future generations will even know who they are.

*blinks*

I am not even going to validate that with a counter argument.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Martin Luther King and Nelson Mandela.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
neil armstrong,

And i reckon Gordon Brown will be remembered (as a figure of hate!) We'll just about be out of national debt by then.....

·
Registered
8,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
*blinks*

I am not even going to validate that with a counter argument.
I'ts a shame, but it's true. My cousin is douing his exams atm and one of the questions is "in a 24hr clock, what time is 11O'clock at night?"

Most of kids these days are think.

In fact, I'm going out from to have a cig shortly and will ask the kids who are in the street if they know any of them.

Mr Winstill from up the road. He's a legend...
I know that guy! Is he the one with the club foot?

Bruce Grobbelar.
Remember this is not the over 18's, so no filth :lol2:

·
Registered
38,318 Posts
I'ts a shame, but it's true. My cousin is douing his exams atm and one of the questions is "in a 24hr clock, what time is 11O'clock at night?"

Most of kids these days are think.

In fact, I'm going out from to have a cig shortly and will ask the kids who are in the street if they know any of them.

But then how would JFK actually be remembered above anyone else who's had a bigger impact on the 20th century?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Alexander G Bell
Hitler
Musollini
Stalin
Thatcher
Gadaffi
Gorbachev
Adams
Paisley
HM Queen Elizabeth II
Edward VIII and 1936
Queen Victoria
Bill Gates
Einstein
Tolkein
Nixon
JFK
Neil Armstrong/Buzz Aldrin
Arafat
Mao
Mitterand
Alexander Fleming
De Valera
Gen Custer
Sitting Bull
Jack Ruby
L H Oswald
Mosley

These are the names I remember from GCSE History in the mid 90's. I am sure there are others that would be more of a local interest to Belfast.. but IIRC we did The American West, WW 1&2, The history of Medicine, the foundations of the USA,and America in the 19th/mid 20th c, Obviously we did Irish history and our own local history (after 1921), as well as Belfast based stuff... 2 years work, all very interesting.. surely that is what the kids still do for GCSE these days?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts