Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had Grace up for sale before but after getting to know 2 or 3 people well enough for my baby to go to them they let me down.
She was a plucker when i had her up so i decided to get her out of plucking before trying again she has now stopped plucking and looks amazing she still has a couple of wing feathers to grow but they should be OK in her next malt.

Before she lost all her feathers she was confident on stepping up on command but when she plucked them she lost her balance and therefore stopped stepping up so she needs lots of work on her confidence.

She whistles all the time she says "hello Gracey" "pritty bird" "hellllooooooo" "ruby" (my daughters name) and a few other bits she dances and gives kisses on command.

This is a very hard depression to make for me as i love my baby to bits but there are a couple of reasons for sale first is she isn't a family pet she is bonded to me and wont let my children or partner near her. Also as i said she need a lot of work on her confidence and with 3 children and a job i just don't have the time.

Her and her cage and toys £570

I'm so sorry for rambling but she means a lot to me and i want to find her the right home.
Thank you for reading.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
She hasn't been DNA sexed there is a high possability she is a he as she has bonded with my girlfriend

·
Super Moderator
16,604 Posts
Must be a difficult decision to make as they are lovely birds, it would be very hard if I had to sell mine.

However, firstly you said:

"....she isn't a family pet she is bonded to me and wont let my children or partner near her".

then, the next day, you said:

"...she is a he as she has bonded with my girlfriend"

Please don't think I'm picking holes/criciticising, but just think you need to make this clearer.:2thumb:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol yeah sorry I'm the girl friend I'm lyn but I use my partners account and forget sometimes my mistake she is bonded to me she won't let the kids or marcus my partner near her

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
bump up for my baby while she is whistling away this morning :whistling2:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Will take £550 or nearest offer she comes with cage toys and food

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bump :2thumb:

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
do you have a better picture of her head, pref from the side ?

poss interested as we are considering getting a companion for our male grey :flrt:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
everytime i go near her with the camera she puffs her feathers up so this was the best i could do

·
Registered
4,338 Posts
O/H says she looks like a boy too, apprantly, the white bit that surrounds the eye, on boys tends to be pointy where as on girls its more rounded...

by no means is it 100%, but its another judge towards a boy :(

gutted cause if we get another one we want a girl....

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bump for my crazy bird

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Bump:2thumb:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
make a sensable offer

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bump:gasp:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ill take £500 for her and all her stuff

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i think i may have given the wrong impression on grace i mean she bonds with females better but i have known her to bond with a male friend of mine he gave her plenty of time and never pushed himself on her and she came out and went on his sholder on her own and was quite happy to sit there she is not an agressive bird but if you flinch when she tests you she is very likey to play on that

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bump:2thumb:

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
can i ask whats putting people off??? i dont seem to be getting any intrest in my baby

·
Registered
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bump:blush:

·
Super Moderator
16,604 Posts
Maybe put an ad in Cage & Aviary - it comes out on a Thursday and can be bought in WH Smith etc. I think possibly you would get more interest as its specifically for birds as opposed to a reptile forum, albeit with other sections.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts