Reptile Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't seen the full story yet but in the headlines apparently a 3 year old bought a car online :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
is his surname beckham by any chance? :lol:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Was just gonna say lol

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
lol i see that in the sun yesterday he managed to log onto ebay and bid on it its a barbie pink car
manda xx

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the one Manda... he is denying it though... still quite funny :lol:

·
Registered
3,190 Posts
it said in the sun that the kid went in and told the perents but they dint no what he was talking about untill they recived an email from ebay
manda xx

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
hahah no way? thats class

·
Premium Member
15,027 Posts
Yeah I'm a bit sceptacle about this storey. If you bid on anything on ebay you need your parents password etc.... bit far fetched for a 3 years old I think

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Sometimes I do log in the have to nip intp the kitchen to check the tea or make a brew leaving my 22 month old in the living room with the pc. He has sometimes clicked on auctions so im guessing a 3 year old could easily click on a buy it now and then click again to comfirm. :lol:

·
Registered
4,905 Posts
actually youcan log in wothout the password if the computer had the passowrd stored you only need to highlight the username and click the password box which cud be done by accident but the kid cud also have watched his parents do it tonnes of times sho who knows

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
bazza_2005 said:
actually youcan log in wothout the password if the computer had the passowrd stored you only need to highlight the username and click the password box which cud be done by accident but the kid cud also have watched his parents do it tonnes of times sho who knows
Yup, my son did that before. He chose my username, he didn't need to know my password. But lucky he only put a bid on one Yu Gi Oh card, not a car or anything :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just saw the story on BBC 1. Apparently, the mum came off the computer and forgot to log out of eBay, so the kid got up to the computer and was looking around and used the "Buy Now" function to but a barbie pink car :p ! After the parents got the email saying congratz on winning, they phoned up the seller and explained what happened, he understood and found the funny side and the car is now back on sale!

Thx
Matt

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
we brought a lambo for our schools account once no idea wtf happend to that one :lol:

·
Registered
18,536 Posts
I read the article, and IMO it's bullshit. I think that's the only excuse his parents came up with to justify a big cock up.

I doubt a 3 yo boy would have access to internet, get into ebay, place a bid, etc. Even if he was a very gifted boy, it would be amazing if he knew how to read and write, let alone surfing the net, entering passwords, understanding ebay bidding sytem, etc.

I'll shut up if we find out next year that he became the youngest astronaut at the age of 4 yo :roll:

·
Premium Member
62,208 Posts
they have lambos on ebay too... seen them for about 100k

1 - 18 of 18 Posts