Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

It is with regret that I will be selling both of my lovely snakes. This is due to a study relocation, it’s not something I want to do but unfortunately I am unable to take them with me. For now, I will just be selling my boa; however I also have a royal python, which will be up for sale at a later date, probably around Easter 2013, so if you’re interested in her keep an eye out. Both of these animals are amazing, and I will be very particular about which new owners they go to. I want to know they will be properly looked after for the rest of their lives.

So the first of two snakes I am selling is a female red tail boa constrictor. Her name is Ruby and she is around 4 years old, captive bred born November 2008.

Approximate length: 4.5ft/55”
Approximate girth: 9”/23cm
Approximate weight: 2.6kg

She is EXTREMELY docile. I hold both of my snakes as much as possible, I have had her from a hatchling and she has not bitten or even hissed at anybody once. She used to come into the pet shop I work in occasionally, where customers would hold her, and she was so good. She is so friendly, but I will say now she is very strong, as all boa's should be, so ideally you should be confident in holding snakes like this or similar.

Obviously, it is ideal to maintain a regular frequency of handling. She is a good feeder (with the exception of when she is in shed – she can be a pain), a good shedder and enjoys the occasional bath. I can provide you with some of her past shedded skins if you wish.

I am selling this gorgeous snake with a complete plug and play set-up:
Vivarium: A beach wooden vivarium measuring approximately 4ft (48”) in length, by 1.5ft (18”) in depth, by 1.5ft (18”) in height. The vivarium has toughened safety glass with three safety wedges, 3 ventilation grills at the top of the back panel and sealed with aquarium sealant.
Heating: A 23” in length by 6” in depth Habistat 15W heat mat covering around a third of the floor of the tank. This is controlled by a Habistat Pulse Proportional thermostat.
Lighting: A standard light bulb for lighting during the day, covered by a durable mesh guard.
Other: An Exo-Terra ‘Combo’ – digitally measures both temperature and humidity. Also has two analogue thermometers at either end of the tank, and one analogue hygrometer in the centre.
Decoration: Two hides, two water bowls, a perch from one side of the tank to the other, a wooden log, an assortment of rocks and plants.

I will also throw in a ‘Practical Reptile Keeping’ magazine, two snake books (including one specifically about boa constrictors), a large faunarium for transport, and some Zoo Med Shedding Aid, Mite Off and Wound Healer, stuff I’ve always had just in case.

Over £500’s worth altogether
Selling for £250 the lot
Pick up only, I am based in South Cornwall

Please note that the tank she is in now was only meant to be temporary, and will not last her for life. She is being sold with a 4ft by 1.5ft by 1.5ft viv, I recommend that later in life she will need to live in a vivarium measuring 6ft by 2ft by 2ft. She is okay in the one she is in now, probably until around Summer 2013, after which time, she should be provided with a bigger suitable vivarium. I will only sell her to somebody who can provide her with this when she requires it.

I've invested over £1000 in my two snakes, I'm very sad to see them go but I'm afraid it's one of those things that can't be helped, in fairness to them.

I know I don't live in the most ideal of locations, but it's pick up only I'm afraid,
Pictures below, lease private message me if you wish for any further details,
Josh
:)

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
AS lovely as she may be, she ain't a red tail, so perhaps change the heading, and description of the ad, and you will be more likely to have people take more interest....

People admire honesty mate, so maybe that would be your best bet, IMO! ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
As above. You have a lovely looking common boa (Columbian BCI), but not a Red Tail, (BCC). Red Tails would be around the £250 mark. Good luck with the sale, but I would advice you change the description :2thumb:

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hi all, have decided, I will now sell the snake and tank separately
4 year old female common boa, £120
Tank - £150 - details as in original post
Feeds, toilets and sheds well
PM for any further details
Can still sell as complete set-up if preffered
Photos in original post

·
Registered
93 Posts
Can someone tell me why your saying its a common ? Its all well and good saying it but without providing evidence I'm on the fence. It looks like a cross to me or a locale thats not as popular maybe?
its head it leading me to think it isn't just a common but again I may be wrong.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts