Reptile Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

my local pet shop sells boxes of 6 large locusts for £2 a box.
is this expensive? and are there any good online shops that u can buy bulk?

thanks

·
Registered
870 Posts
Depends if the locust are adult ones ( they have wings ) 6 in a box if they are adult sounds about right for shops but if they are just large then it sounds expensive ........the bigger the locust the less you get in a box :)

·
Registered
25,686 Posts
Well sell 6 in a box for £2 (gets cheaper the more you buy though). If you drive 30 minutes north there's a shop here that sells 6 in a box for £3.50 :)

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
My local pet shop does 8 adults for 2.75

Buying a bilk bag online is a lot cheaper

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
my local do about 12 for £1

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi i pay £7.20 for 500 or £13.50 for 1000 large crickets with free p&p
£7.50 for 1000 small/medium with free p&p for crickets
and morio worms 250g bag £8.00
Large Locust 50 Bag £9.00
Large Locust 100 Bag £14.50
Extra Large Locust 50 Bag £10.50
Extra Large Locust 100 Bag £16.50
if you pay an extra £1 they send it registered derlivery
try this web site i have found them very reliable with a 30 day no quibble guarantee Welcome to the Livefood Warehouse
all next day if order befor 1pm

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
In our local shop its 50p per locust
And in the other shop it around £3 for 6
and then in the OTHER shop i can go to its arond £2.50 for around 6-8
but these bulk bags are much to be poked at, but my mom doesnt want alot of locusts in the house :lol2:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Theres a shop near me that does 50 adults for £10 too. I usually buy the 5ths though and feed them up - they grow very quickly, dont die on me so fast and stay a good size for my herps for longer.

·
Registered
4,420 Posts
Theres a shop near me that does 50 adults for £10 too. I usually buy the 5ths though and feed them up - they grow very quickly, dont die on me so fast and stay a good size for my herps for longer.
that makes sence buy them younger and ffed them up :) : victory:

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
The adults are just pushing it as far as size goes for my lacertas...they will eat them, but they seem to prefer the 5ths. I was buying sacks of adults and feeding them only a couple at a time, but then all the adults would end up dying before I got through them!

I dont much like locusts, but they definitely beat crickets - no noise for a start! ;) Mine you, roaches are even better!

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Locusts are loved so much by beardies ...anyone know why? A tub of size 4 locusts only last one day and I use them as pudding! just to see if the beardies have had enough ! they never refuse...funny that ! They now only get them at the weekend....

·
Registered
7,908 Posts
Locusts are loved so much by beardies ...anyone know why? A tub of size 4 locusts only last one day and I use them as pudding! just to see if the beardies have had enough ! they never refuse...funny that ! They now only get them at the weekend....
crickets taste bitter so they choose locusts:)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts