Reptile Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
I agree - she's pretty solid looking for 6 months - usually at that age they're pretty skinny and leggy til they fill out!

She's gorgeous though! :flrt:

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
I bet you will - big characters GSD. Especially big in the mouth, you seldom ever get the last word with a GSD. :lol2:

·
Registered
375 Posts
Steal her back secretly and say she just missed you too much, that you'll have to keep her forever. :whistling2:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The owner phoned yesterday to ask if we wanted to keep Roxy on a permanent basis! As much as I would have loved to accept his offer, we had to refuse :sad:

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Aw, poor girl. Is that cos he doesn't want her any more??
I think so. Don't think he is willing to spend the time to train her to be honest. Although she is a lovely dog, she is far from well trained. Even down to house trained!!

This is why we had to decline. We just wouldn't have the time to give her all the training and attention that she needs. The week we had her was alright, but to take her on for life.. as much as I would love to, it just wouldn't be right for us or her.

:(

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Aww, that's a shame. I hope he finds a good home for her.
It's a pity you can't take her, but it's understandable if you haven't got the time. Sometimes you have to let your head rule your heart :( (that's why I haven't got any rats or ferrets at the moment).

·
Registered
31,909 Posts
:devil: I just wish people would realise that dogs don't train their bloody selves!

Sorry I get so mad cos so many young dogs end up in rescue because the owners "don't have the time to give them? Why don't they do their research?

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Aww, that's a shame. I hope he finds a good home for her.
It's a pity you can't take her, but it's understandable if you haven't got the time. Sometimes you have to let your head rule your heart :( (that's why I haven't got any rats or ferrets at the moment).
Yeah, we have spoken about it to try and find ways but there is just no way we'd able to to keep her.

:devil: I just wish people would realise that dogs don't train their bloody selves!

Sorry I get so mad cos so many young dogs end up in rescue because the owners "don't have the time to give them? Why don't they do their research?
I know. We have spoken about getting a dog and having Roxy here for that week made us realise that how things are now we just don't have the time that a dog needs. :(

1 - 19 of 19 Posts