Reptile Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sorry if I am asking stupid questions, but Im just trying to make sure I do everything I can for my beardie!

5months old, and has done 2 a day for the past couple of days, but today, she has done 6 stinky poos the last 2 had a bit more fluid, but the dark poo as slightly softer and had the usual amount of white urine on the top.

The last couple of days she did eat a lot 40+ Crix and today she has eaten about 3 crix but about 15 locusts. (Mdm-standard size)

Not eaten any salad today

They do stink, but I dont think anymore normal than normal if that makes sense!

As always Thanks everyone. This forum is invaluable. :flrt:

·
Super Moderator
9,450 Posts
Hmmmm I wouldn't say that is normal allthough if she's pigged out recently she may be having trouble getting rid of it. I would cut her food down a little she sounds like a greedy girl lol. If she continues over the next day or two like this then perhaps see a vet and take a sample with you. Other than that it may be a one off and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
9,608 Posts
What sort of size poos are they? Are you sure it's 6 separate ones and not just a couple of larger ones that have got spread around?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What sort of size poos are they? Are you sure it's 6 separate ones and not just a couple of larger ones that have got spread around?
No they are 6 Seperate poos! I witness her do most of them! They are not mahoosive but enough to be stinky!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Hmmmm I wouldn't say that is normal allthough if she's pigged out recently she may be having trouble getting rid of it. I would cut her food down a little she sounds like a greedy girl lol. If she continues over the next day or two like this then perhaps see a vet and take a sample with you. Other than that it may be a one off and nothing to worry about.
hehe she has pigged out a bit... but aren't babies supposed to eat as much as they want? (i don't mean for this to be contradicting, i'm only asking) :)
my "buddha'' sometimes pigged out like that (hence his name), and no he never made 6 poos but usually a couple of quite big ones...
personally i don't think it's anything to worry about as long as they don't look like diarrhea... but don't take my word for it and wait to read what other beardy owners say. (maybe a picci would help) :p

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
She has only done 1 today and it wasn't as smelly either, so hopefully it was just the change over and she is settling in ok. She hasn't eaten as much since the first day either but still eating well.

thank you for your help. If they carry on ill take pic! (nice!)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts