Reptile Forums banner
21 - 40 of 55 Posts
Great looking snakes and again a disparity in sizes, it is such an odd thing that we see more and more people commenting (including me) about same age snakes with massive size differences.

Just out of interest is it not odd that all of them need to be fed food pre-scented with chicks?

Were the parents fed a diet of chicks or were they encouraged to eat them?

Whilst lots of things can be down to genetics I doubt that the food issue is genetic though that said we live in an amazing world filled with amazing animals that stump even the greatest of geneticists’ quite often.

Oddly enough genetics is something I am very keen on and have researched extensively, it’s not the worst thing to do with spare time as an aside I got my degree in Economics, genetics is loosely founded in numbers, I like numbers hence I like genetics.........if that makes sense.

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Great looking snakes and again a disparity in sizes, it is such an odd thing that we see more and more people commenting (including me) about same age snakes with massive size differences.

Just out of interest is it not odd that all of them need to be fed food pre-scented with chicks?

Were the parents fed a diet of chicks or were they encouraged to eat them?

Whilst lots of things can be down to genetics I doubt that the food issue is genetic though that said we live in an amazing world filled with amazing animals that stump even the greatest of geneticists’ quite often.

Oddly enough genetics is something I am very keen on and have researched extensively, it’s not the worst thing to do with spare time as an aside I got my degree in Economics, genetics is loosely founded in numbers, I like numbers hence I like genetics.........if that makes sense.
the guy we got them off probably fed them chicks just to save on money i really do hate people like that its simple if you cant afford to feed the hatchlings dont breed at all!!

Lurvely Burm mate.:2thumb::flrt:
I got one at the beginning of the year,was told she was born in July???
She was 110gr and like this

And this is her last week. She has just gone up to small mice and is
sort of as big as my thumb.

I was told she was het for albino.

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Lurvely Burm mate.:2thumb::flrt:
I got one at the beginning of the year,was told she was born in July???
She was 110gr and like this
And this is her last week. She has just gone up to small mice and is
sort of as big as my thumb.
I was told she was het for albino.
she is tiny for a july hatch but with a good few months of straight feeding and she will be a fatty so dont worry to much : victory: just a little advice try get her onto rats because she will grow out of mice really quick

I wonder if the chick scenting has anything to do with the niche progscha holds in the wild due to Sulawesi retics dominating all the larger mammalian prey?.

She was on rat fluffs before the mice, but next up
is a weaner which are pretty big at my local shop.
I dont think she minds what she eats as she had a small
mouse and a rat fluff the other day.

Discussion starter · #29 ·
She was on rat fluffs before the mice, but next up
is a weaner which are pretty big at my local shop.
I dont think she minds what she eats as she had a small
mouse and a rat fluff the other day.
how many times do you feed her? once a week

Discussion starter · #30 ·
I wonder if the chick scenting has anything to do with the niche progscha holds in the wild due to Sulawesi retics dominating all the larger mammalian prey?.
huh? to many big words your confusing me :lol2:

huh? to many big words your confusing me :lol2:
:lol2: Big retic's eat all the good food burm's came to island had to live on bird's got smaller, I think that's what Im getting at now im confused :gasp:

Ditto i'd get a pure sulawesi at the drop of a hat, looks like it will have to wait a while tho :(

i have a job but still cant afford any more snakes :banghead: i will get a new 1 soon tho, i would love a boa or the bumblebee python looks amazing aswell.

:?::!::?::!: way to many :snake: to choose from.

:help::bash:

21 - 40 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.