Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OCD is big time kicking in, I have 7 snakes. 7 snakes is an odd number...which means when they all move into their big grown up snakey vivs, we will have an empty viv (stack of 4 right!?)

So, I am actively researching what will be my 8th (and final) snake. I have been using my week of holiday wisely (researching snakes!)have a short list, but would also be interested to hear any sensible suggestions

I have on my list
Childrens/Spotted pythons
Different Milk Snake species (quite like the Mexi Blacks)
Mountain King Snake
Rosy Boa
Corn (I already have 3 tho!)

Now, whatever species I get, I would prefer an active species, happy (as an adult) in a 5ft viv. Would like something that is easy to handle, and not a naturally aggressive species, as my son is very into his snakes.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Gotta be a corn then, you have 3 already and 3 is an odd number.....

steve

·
Registered
324 Posts
I'd prob go mex black or corn. Childrens can be aggressive from what i've read when looked into them myself, although saying that every snake is an individual there are some calm king rats out there lol!

You could always go a boa constrictor - gets bigger but pretty calm and inquisitive species even though they are nocturnal.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotta be a corn then, you have 3 already and 3 is an odd number.....

steve
Hmmmm. I do love my three corns. And yes, odd number. But, 4 corns?

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'd prob go mex black or corn. Childrens can be aggressive from what i've read when looked into them myself, although saying that every snake is an individual there are some calm king rats out there lol!

You could always go a boa constrictor - gets bigger but pretty calm and inquisitive species even though they are nocturnal.

hmmm, I got the impression that they are aggressive youngsters, they do calm as adults

Mexi Milk is a definite thought. I do adore Jack (Pueblan) he is the dopiest snake ever (dont tell everyone else, he is my fave!)

I do like the look of the big Boas, but I know that I could not house one once fully grown

·
Registered
175 Posts
Another perfect opportunity to recommend Russian Ratsnakes. Haha. They are Diurnal and active so make great display animals as they will use all climbing equipment and space provided. Really interactive and inquisitive snakes to handle, they seem to almost "enjoy" it. Mine actively comes out and climbs up my arm when I open his tub. Easy to feed and keep. Go through an interesting colour change from juvenile to adult and end up gorgeous.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just to add

As much as I love Eric, I seriously doubt I will have another Royal. Also, I am not a fan of Hognoses (sorry!)

I do like the look of Rainbow Boas, but unsure of size and temperrments of them?

Corn is tempting...I have two girls, maybe I should get a Butter or Okettee?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another perfect opportunity to recommend Russian Ratsnakes. Haha. They are Diurnal and active so make great display animals as they will use all climbing equipment and space provided. Really interactive and inquisitive snakes to handle, they seem to almost "enjoy" it. Mine actively comes out and climbs up my arm when I open his tub. Easy to feed and keep. Go through an interesting colour change from juvenile to adult and end up gorgeous.
hmmmm....just googled images. Will read a bit more, what do they max out at?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Looking at what you have already i would prob go for something like albino milk or mex black...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
A Greybanded King Snake would be nice, I wouldn't be without mine.
oooooooh

That is a pretty snake!

I quite like the look of Mountain Kings and Thayers

Reactions: Sylvi

·
Registered
13,324 Posts
Just to add

As much as I love Eric, I seriously doubt I will have another Royal. Also, I am not a fan of Hognoses (sorry!)

I do like the look of Rainbow Boas, but unsure of size and temperrments of them?

Corn is tempting...I have two girls, maybe I should get a Butter or Okettee?
Pretty sure that there's an adult Butter corn for sale in the Classifeds ...

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One is too many :whistling2: :lol2:

How about a carpet python ? : victory:
:gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp:

Mr Snakey (currently on my lap!) is now sobbing :gasp:

hmmmm, Carpet, they get quite big dont they?

What are Mexican Black Kingsnakes like in terms of care/handleablilty?
I would quite like a black snake, currently searching older threads here, Black Milks do get quite big (7ft I saw?)

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
MBK's kick butt all day long.:no1:

Reactions: RADIOGAGAGA
1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.