Reptile Forums banner

91 days - Corn Snakes

1K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  violentchopper 
#1 ·
so the worst time ever with eggs this year. My geckos didnt make it (still in incubator though, no hope at all now :sad:)

BUT today........ i went into rep room to check waters etc and just took a look in the incubator and the corn eggs that were a total surprise are PIPPING!

one this morning, tiny little head peeping out, tonight, another four slits and another two look ready to go!

This was a surprise clutch that I had no idea was coming

because the gecko eggs looked so good right till the end i had just given up on these little guys! I have sorted all the cricket tubs out and am about to rifle through recycling for milk lids!

91 - 92 DAYS!

WOO HOO! :2thumb::2thumb:

#13 ·
believe me im not far off........

its demented me

The first clutch i had in this incubator were all small and scrawney, from 12 i got 11 none feeders and swore i would always incubate low from now on

i passed none feeders to a friend on here - she stole them and never heard from her since

the other one i still have

so incubated low! lol

#14 ·
believe me im not far off........

its demented me

The first clutch i had in this incubator were all small and scrawney, from 12 i got 11 none feeders and swore i would always incubate low from now on

i passed none feeders to a friend on here - she stole them and never heard from her since

the other one i still have

so incubated low! lol
Wow some friend :gasp:

what temps were the first clutch, are you sure the temps are accurate ?.

Paul.

#15 ·
yeah some friend indeed, thats just scratching the surface! she had more of mine too!

first in this bator were 84, always used poly boxes before then decided i should spend a bit and go for the real deal............FAIL

#16 ·
yeah some friend indeed, thats just scratching the surface! she had more of mine too!

first in this bator were 84, always used poly boxes before then decided i should spend a bit and go for the real deal............FAIL
84 should be good if those readings are correct.

polly boxes are great

our temps are always probed from within the clutch, which are incubated in vermiculite wetted around 4 - 1 water , or just enough to slightly clump, cadbury boxes house the clutch's then the polly houses those. heated with ceramics from above , we make wooden or twin wall polly carb lids for ours. they work a treat and hold temps perfectly.

Paul.

#17 ·
Hey congratulations. Looks like I will expecting around the same amount of days as you. Using the Exo terra and relied on the built-in thermometer and when I used another thermometer I found they were about 79-81. Well annoying. Didn't think that it might be a bit cooler in the egg box.

#21 ·
ha ha fab!

four of mine are out now, well 3/4 of the way out

looking all normalls at the moment but im still excited lol

isnt it funny how they all hatch around the same time...... how do they know.......

CANT WAIT TO GET HOME!

#25 ·
wow what a wait! I incubate mine at 86 and they always start hatching on day 55. It would drive me crazy waiting that long.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.