Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meet my Big boys.

Dont attempt to copy my actions. I feel happy in my abilities and my friend who was with me's abilities. The house in which they live is not mine, but a licensed buddy of mine, although the animals do belong to me. This happens to be a 3 minute walk from the local hospital.

Does my bum look big in this?

Excuse the face :sick:

More to follow. Click for HUGE images.

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
Cool scorp, good job its only 3 mins from the hospital:lol2: although in all seriousness I dont know how well a hospital here is going to be prepared for a sting from one of those things.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool scorp, good job its only 3 mins from the hospital:lol2: although in all seriousness I dont know how well a hospital here is going to be prepared for a sting from one of those things.
Well i hope never to find out, to be honest it is only a scorpion. When on the hand it doesnt think "oooh its a person lets sting" but "warm surface. Lets wander"

And i have a "letter" ready so if i do get stung it has information about immediate care, numbers of experts, the AV holder (london center of medical toxicollogy) whcih AV is necassary (tyford north african) how much there is (12 vials) and how/when to administer!

And numbers of 3 experts in the field...

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
thats the sort of info I was trying to find out today, 10 minutes on hold to a certain school of tropical medicine and a brief talk later I was no better off than when I started.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Meet my Big boys.

Dont attempt to copy my actions. I feel happy in my abilities and my friend who was with me's abilities. The house in which they live is not mine, but a licensed buddy of mine, although the animals do belong to me. This happens to be a 3 minute walk from the local hospital.

Does my bum look big in this?

Excuse the face :sick:

More to follow. Click for HUGE images.
Cool Fat tails...but I'm not sure I would hold them like that... That's a different kind of dedication to the hobby.

·
Registered
6,778 Posts
al when he wrote that he was reffering to the headstone that habu posted a picture of not anything to do with yourself :lol2:

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
exactly. I have no problem with other peoples asctons, that is there affiar but when somone posts a comment " the mamba killed this guy" i find a little distasteful.

I have nothing but respect for you Al, and with snakes there are set boundaires, but the most respected people in the feild have made material holding scorpions. Their primative brains mean that they dont really comprehend that i am a person, more a surface.

As for glass houses, i dont claim to be invinsible, and i have set what i feel to be adiquiate precautions with regards to "what if" and to handling.

I only ever pick them up with padded tweesers because they do not like to be held, and i have protocal in place.

·
Registered
523 Posts
Duh! I never said I was not an "Air Head" sometimes.

I fixed it :crazy:

·
Registered
523 Posts
exactly. I have no problem with other peoples asctons, that is there affiar but when somone posts a comment " the mamba killed this guy" i find a little distasteful.

I have nothing but respect for you Al, and with snakes there are set boundaires, but the most respected people in the feild have made material holding scorpions. Their primative brains mean that they dont really comprehend that i am a person, more a surface.

As for glass houses, i dont claim to be invinsible, and i have set what i feel to be adiquiate precautions with regards to "what if" and to handling.

I only ever pick them up with padded tweesers because they do not like to be held, and i have protocal in place.
My sincere apologies....I was an "Air Head" and mis-read the whole thing.

·
Registered
5,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no probs mate,

AS i said i do respect you greatly (so much so that your Youtube page has been one of my home page tabs for a month or two) And i also respect they way you work.

I Had i been working with elapids then i would be further away that you get at times because intellegence is a whole differnt ball game.

but with bugs they are a differnt kind of deadly, you just have to keep the upper hand by using your brain :)

Thanks for the comments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
did you know that where the hospital will use antihistomines, scorps venom don react to em so you will need the antivenom, else u will jus have to bear it out...ow

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
na I didnt know that, so scorps venom doesnt cause mast cells to release amines what is it in snake venom that does that? From what I gather they would put you on a drip to stop dehydration and have AV on hand but only use it in severe envenomations.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts