Reptile Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so this is a follow on from my introduction and is a bit of a backwards question, I'm afraid. rather than deciding on a pet and wanting to know what kit is needed for it, I have the basic kit and would like to know what could be kept in it!

I recently picked up off of eBay a small vivarium (2/3ft? x 1ft? x 1ft? Am not venturing out to the garage in my dressing gown to measure it, not right now anyway!) that has a small heat mat, a couple of nice rocks, a bulb and fitting, possibly a UV tube (again - the 6am dressing gown thing!) and it's a top-opening one as opposed to front. Since vivariums this size must be manufactured for a reason, I wondered what could be kept in it?

This is not a case of getting a pet for the sake of getting a pet. Yes, I am considering it, but at this stage I am simply interested in finding out what would be realistic and then doing the further research to see if it is something I would like to pursue or not.

I'd be interested to know about anything that is an option, please, as I do not currently have a preference for any particular type of exotic.

Thanks in advance =)

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
i'd say a leo would be your best bet.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Daft question, I know, but is a leo a leopard gecko? I'm sure it's obvious, but I had better check!

Just to add, too, that I would prefer something that would be handleable (making up words here!)

=)

·
Banned
61,457 Posts
aye, tis a leopard gecko and they're handleable... Although you need to try harder at the making words up ;)

·
Registered
255 Posts
a leo would be best but personally i wouldnt use the light as ur viv is only 1ft tall the light would be too close to the gecko: victory:

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems leos (check me out!) are the way to go then, i did meet one recently and she was quite lovely so I wouldn't take too much persuading!

Thanks for the advice, Weaver, I've done a bit of research since posting this thread and think I understand now the heat / light requirements. =)

Although you need to try harder at the making words up ;)
Sounds like a challenge! =P

1 - 6 of 6 Posts