Reptile Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My second mature Peruphasma Schultei!
The pics are a bit rubbishy because she would'nt stay still and they are surprisingly rapid!

My first mature one didn't come out so well :(
Poor thing can hardly even walk never mind climb, she'll live out her days alone in a small petpal in a big pile of privet. This reduces my group to 1.6 but at least the male will be less likely to die young of exhaustion!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
another female and the male mature last night :)

Took some pics of the male, he was a grumpy little sod and didn't require much persuasion to put his wings up (or spray me!)

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
Do you have any pics of your set up? I need inspiration!!

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have any pics of your set up? I need inspiration!!
I do... its not very inspiring though!

Its a medium exo-terra faunarium with a block of of oasis to stick the privet in.
From the side:

From above (filled with annoyed stickies hehehe):

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
These are awesome. What do they spray you with? Does it smell?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The spray is milky horrible liquid, and as dessicata_uk said, its very unpleasent! It absolutely STINKS. AND they can aim it!!
MOST won't spray unless you annoy them. Although some will spray just for the sake of it.

Heres my set up, lil different, im feeding my on honeysuckle
Oooh your set up is really nice, I might try vermiculite for substrate... although how is it for cleaning out? I never bothered with a substrate because the water tray for the oasis kept spilling over and so needs cleaned out frequently.

·
Registered
4,506 Posts
I am loving both of those set ups. Gonna have to play with mine!! This might be a stupid question but has anyone tried growing live plants for them inside the set up?

·
Registered
4,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am loving both of those set ups. Gonna have to play with mine!! This might be a stupid question but has anyone tried growing live plants for them inside the set up?
Nope... not sure how well it would work, the oasis keeps the leaves alive for ages, but they've always finished eating all the grown leaves before the baby leaves get a chance to grow and replace them!
It would definitely be good if you could do it, mine need new leaves every few days.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts