Reptile Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since the camera had been out, so this morning after setting up all of our incubation tubs I decided to blow of the dust and snap away.
I wasn't after anything in particular but quite liked the look of these few (hence the head theme).... Enjoy!

These two are pretty cool and show the big difference between Bell's and Tremper's eyes.

And then a pretty cool photo showing how African Fat Tail's eyes differ from leopard geckos...

And last but certainly not least... A cool Red Stripe Enigma, that is just incredible in the flesh. She exhibits such a rainbow of colours that can't be focused on with a camera!

·
Registered
747 Posts
Beautiful leos and amazing photos Sam. Really wish I could afford my new camera now lol oh and a light box setup too lol.............

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Excellent photos of some gorgeous geckos Sam :2thumb:

How comes everyone else manages to get great photos of their leos, whereas mine always show blurry images of a barely discernible gecko trying to slobber / clamber over the camera?? Waahh :cry:

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Beautiful leos and amazing photos Sam. Really wish I could afford my new camera now lol oh and a light box setup too lol.............

How comes everyone else manages to get great photos of their leos, whereas mine always show blurry images of a barely discernible gecko trying to slobber / clamber over the camera?? Waahh :cry:
What you don't see is that their feet are super glued to the floor... :whistling2:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice shots, I think the leos ones are the best shots!Oh and the african is beautiful too.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
What you don't see is that their feet are super glued to the floor... :whistling2:
Ah...so that's the secret :notworthy: I don't think I've got any superglue lying about, so I might try improvising with a stapler instead...:whistling2:

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ah...so that's the secret :notworthy: I don't think I've got any superglue lying about, so I might try improvising with a stapler instead...:whistling2:
Or ratchet straps... Thats what I used to use before I because a professional :no1:

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Or ratchet straps... Thats what I used to use before I because a professional :no1:
I am humbled by your wise advice :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

*thinks: If I used strategically placed gaffer tape, I could pass the critters off as being some weird arse new morph. Hmmmm :hmm:*

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Sam that red stripe enigma is of incredible quality, what an amazing gecko!

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
Very nice Sam.

Good pics of the gang!

·
Funkygeckos.webs.com
5,359 Posts
Absolutely bloody brilliant pics mate - love the eye shots that show the difference between the 2 albino strains: you`ve defo been hiding your light under a bushel regarding photography skills fella! (or however the saying goes). Cracking detail too esp` on the Fatties pic to show all the detailing - got a good camera there fella!

Lastly, couldn`t post without commenting on that top, top class Red Stripe Enigma - looks to be in glorious condition and really is a beautiful, beautiful Leo: top of the class. I know exactly what you mean about her having the `Rainbow Effect` - a really great effect that the Enigma gene seems to have especially on Red Stripes, and Stripes in general - how the already highlighted red and tang seem to get highlighted even more by the crisp white and blues that the enigma pulls out, and then the myriad of colours in between. Love it mate - can`t get enough of seeing leos like that - without sounding OTT: really made my evening. :no1::no1::no1:

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for all the kind comments!

·
Registered
3,396 Posts

That happens when I take pics too :rant2:

Great pics :no1: please keep me updated if you are going to be pairing the enigma. :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
first girly steals the show.....

Fab photos Sam, personally I think the first leo is beautiful :flrt:
is she a Gem snow? you haven't stated her morph and she has been overlooked by most in favour of the more showy Enigma, but I ain't an orangey fan, so the first girl def steals the show for me, beautiful in a more subtle and ethereal way :mf_dribble:

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fab photos Sam, personally I think the first leo is beautiful :flrt:
is she a Gem snow? you haven't stated her morph and she has been overlooked by most in favour of the more showy Enigma, but I ain't an orangey fan, so the first girl def steals the show for me, beautiful in a more subtle and ethereal way :mf_dribble:

Thanks for your lovely comments.
She's a super light het Black Pearl.
This was the next step of the project.... Lightening or greying up the background to remove any brown traces without the need for a snow "gene", this way it is less down to chance and more to selectively choosing the best offspring to enhance the line... Line bred snow and fascio was the basis for gaining this colour though.

·
Registered
279 Posts
wow that Red Stripe Enigma is amazing!

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Love the pics:2thumb:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts