Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Nice dogs! although same question really, its illegal to crop ears in the uk now.

·
Registered
518 Posts
it aint no dogo and i wouldnt say it was a pit more like a presa

deffo no dogo agree not much like a pit maybee mastiffxamerican bulldog thats just what i see that first pic is lovely i like alot :no1:

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yes its ears have been cropped ! but she was imported from spain ! and there not pit bulls there presa canairo ! there not illegal there kc reg under protaction and gard ! lol ok

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
yeah it isnt illegal to have a dog with cropped ears because they can be imported like it,ive seen dobermans round my area with there ears cropped and they was imported from usa.

nice presa canarios,what are there temprements like?are they like bullmastiffs,big daft things but are very protective?

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
right im gonna start an argument here I expect, but whats bad about cropping their ears? if its done by a trained vet with the correct after care surely its a painless experience for the dog, I would rather have my ears trimmed than my nuts chopped off.

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
i agree,some breeds i like to see with there ears cropped like dobermans,pitbulls,shnautzers,presas.anything else looks silly.i think it would hurt the dog about the same as having theer nuts off.i think its just down to the owners choice how they want there dog to look cosmeticly.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeh there temperment is sound ! there great with kids ive got 2 little girls 1 & 4 BUT they are very protective very easy to train we attack train all of ares !ares between me and my dad we have got 5 of them !but when u use a key work they change into a different dog ! but all in all there great dogs they keep the smake heads away ! lol if u know what i mean !!!: victory:

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
because after a dogs ears are cropped it has to go through the pain of them healing and usually a horrible metal frame attached to their heads all through their puppyhood solely for the purpose of cosmetics!
the way i see it, if you dont like how the dog looks in the first place, dont get it.
and neutering is for things such as health and to stop unwanted puppies so not really the same thing. dogs dont care how they look, only humans.
i see ear cropping as a selfish act for someone to make their dog look "harder"
and i know its not illegal to import cropped dogs, its just illegal to crop a dog when its in the UK.
By the by, just my opinion, not wanting to start an argument. Everyone has their own opinion right?

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
that how i bought her and paid alot of ££££ for her and to import her !all the presa in spain have there cropped and u can take your dog to france to the vet and have done aswell ! so if u dont like it take ur opinion else where !

·
Registered
16,577 Posts
I didnt know the process involved in having there ears clipped, I dont see why there should be pain healing though if done properly

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
Lovley looking dogs. I do prefer the cropped ear look, same with yorkies and docked tails, its just a shame their not born that way.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts