Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey peeps. I was just wondering if anyone out there has ever bought T's from the Terraristik site? If so, was it good/bad experience overall? I know its more or less a classifieds site & it depends on the sellers integrity/reputation, but i was wondering if anyone has heard of people being [email protected]%ked over or ripped off? Or maybe any scams? I've only ever ordered T's from the UK but im wondering if ordering from europe is worth the risk taking into consideration the extra time live stock must spend in transit? Any feedback would be appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
re

hi nick ,ive got a few from there ,no probs ,there is a part on that site with names of blacklisted people using differant names and emails ,always worth a check ,mat

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
I've bought twice from people on Terraristik, a Megaphobema robustum AF and some H. incei slings. Both experiences were positive. I was in contact with the sellers via email and they were both very nice genuine people who were happy to help and answer my questions.

Of course any scammer can join up and post an ad, but if you join up (it's free) you can look at sellers' profiles and there's a place to view their feedback, which might give you a better idea of whether they are trustworthy or not.

It's unlikely Euro sellers will be shipping yet as their winter temperatures are generally lower than ours. Usually it takes about 3-5 days for stuff to arrive. They don't all take paypal either, some will require a bank transfer and some UK banks will charge a fee for this.

My advice would be to go with your feelings about the seller. Check their feedback, Google them (don't forget to include pages from outside the UK) and exchange a few emails, if they are willing to answer your questions and volunteer information chances are they are legit. If they fob you off with generalities or are rude and unhelpful, go elsewhere.

Really it's no different from buying from the classifieds on this site, there are good and bad sellers everywhere.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Only had positive experiences using that site and I can only echo the advice of Lisa. I wouldn't worry too much about the extra few days in the post either. It always adds that extra little bit of risk but I've found European sellers are much more meticulous with their packaging and materials and mostly things arrive absolutely fine.

·
Registered
13,232 Posts
I have to say the incei packing was awesome, the box was completely lined with foil and then a layer of polystyrene sheeting. They had used a 72hr heatpack and it still felt warm inside the box.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thats sounds good. I wondered if they would push the boat out & improve the packing a bit so thats good. Im definitely gonna go for it in the spring when the weathers a little better. Cheers for the feedback guys :)

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
im doing a big order off there end of this month

1 - 10 of 10 Posts