Reptile Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I finally have my four salamanders in together, I want to make sure everythings ok. I have four seperate hides if need be and plenty of leaf litter to hide under.

Is there anything specific I should look out for? They all seemed to have said "hello" to each other and there's no outward signs of aggression that I can see, just plenty of exploring of the new home and a huge mess in the waterbowls.

*nervous owner*

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
As far as I know, fires really aren't that territorial. They're all really young too so won't be sexually mature and should therefore have nothing to fight about! The only aggression I've ever seen is when two were eyeing up the same worm...even then it didn't amount to much more than a slightly peeved stare. I'd love to see a piccie of their new setup!

·
Registered
910 Posts
I've read in a lot of places that they don't like to fight because they'd rather use energy chasing their dinner. haha.

Also read that they're fine to enjoy eachother's company.

Pics please. :)

·
Registered
25,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will get some pics up tonight hopefully. Big daddy has decided the bit of cork wall with a small gap in it needed opening up for him to hide in. Little bugger.

Found all 4 huddled together this morning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts