Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Whilst I was trying to tidy my bomb site (my bedroom) I decided I needed yet another aquarium. Sigh. But this aquarium would be big...real big. Well not like huge but big. Big for me, since my room is made up of aquariums/vivariums that slot into everyday life, such as my coffee table beardie viv, a desk divider, a poster holder ( it's a flag actually) you get the picture.
My bed is raised off the ground. Height=approx 3ft. So I had an idea. Of building an aquarium under my bed. A monster aquarium. The bed is a standard single bed ( but raised). Me being me I drew a design, and wrote a fish list. I'll put a picture of the design later, here is the fish list:
1 tiger Oscar
1 albino Oscar
1 plec
2 fire eels
3 freshwater stingray (don't know what sort)
Maybe a giant gourami
Or just have the 2 oscars and a pacu??
Would they fit in a 3ft high, 6ft long, 3ft wide aquarium??
Cheers,
Alex
Oh btw it's just an idea, the floor wouldn't support an aquarium this big (I think) and my family would never let me do something like this, it was a push to get them to get me a snake

·
Registered
791 Posts
At 1500L+ its too small for some of those fish as the other person said but would be guaranteed to come through your ceiling as you will need at least 12mm glass, it would weigh a huge ammount!!

Not to mention the damp bed ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At 1500L+ its too small for some of those fish as the other person said but would be guaranteed to come through your ceiling as you will need at least 12mm glass, it would weigh a huge ammount!!

Not to mention the damp bed ;)
The damp bed isn't much of a problem, just the weight, good idea anyhow, maybe if a manage to swap my bedroom for my mum and dad's bedroom (on the ground floor) i might build it

·
Registered
791 Posts
I think we have now just about wrecked your idea, you need a new one lol!!

-stocking is insane
-couldnt go upstairs
-def couldnt go under the bed (bed would get damp, go mouldy and disintigrate if you dont die of some nasty lung disease first!)

So thats about it really LOL

NEXT :p

1 - 10 of 10 Posts