Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

around 3 weeks ago my beardie was wormed and treated for yeast infection. while he was being treated i was giving him half a mil a day of avipro,( the vet said it was a good idea when i suggested it). i think the treatment has thrown him. he does not eat very much any more, if i am lucky he might have a couple of items a day. he also might spend about an hour awake then he will curl up somewhere to sleep. I am still giving him the avipro but i have started to add critical care to it aswell now.
his temps are around 105 basking 80s cold 90s warm. he got a new 12% d3 arcadia uv on tuesday, i was hoping that might perk him up.

i know it can take them a while to recover from things.
i was just wondering if i am doing anything wrong or if there is anything i should be doing.

any advice would be great
thanks for reading.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
What I used to get my female eating again after brumation was wax worms rolled in manuka honey as suggested by Sal.

Its a natural antibacterial also and will also help to rebalance her gut bacteria.

Perked her up fairly fast

Reactions: Chris18

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, can i just get tht from a normal shop.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks,
i did manage to get him to eat about 8 locusts yesterday, but not in one go he seems to be wanting food little and often 2 or 3 a time 4- 5 times a day.

·
Registered
8,236 Posts
What I used to get my female eating again after brumation was wax worms rolled in manuka honey as suggested by Sal.

Its a natural antibacterial also and will also help to rebalance her gut bacteria.

Perked her up fairly fast
This.
The wormer will have unbalanced the healthy bacteria in their stomach which is why there is reduced appetite :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok will pick some up from the shop tomorrow, does this stuff work better than avipro as i thought avipro would help put the good bacteria back. thank you

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
have just bought some manuka honey, dont think he will eat anything else for today, i will try if not hopefully he will take it tomorrow.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
he has just taken 3 locusts with the honey on it. how much should he have and for how long should i give him it

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I gave him another 5 locusts this morning with manuka honey on it. He then a bit later had 10 locusts, that a bit of an improvement, he won't touch or look at a cricket yet, only locusts.
His appetite seems to of improved a bit, but he still wants to sleep lots. He will be up, alert and active for a couple of hours then he just curls up and sleeps, for a juvenile I wasn't expecting him to be lazy just yet, or could it be where he still is not 100% from the worming.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.