Reptile Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i agreed to tortoise sit while my family is on vacation im caring for a box tortoise for about two weeks and the only thing that she will eat is dandelions and unfortunatley where i live these flowers do not grow and i was curious to know if she could eat pomegrantes, for lack of anything else in my fridge until tomorrow or so. any advice please? and thank you

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i was told to stay away from slugs :? by my younger sister? she says she is on a fruits and veggies diet only. she has plenty of water and sunlight im just afraid she'll go hungry. i havent cared for a tort in a while so im all scared like :lol:

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
Boxies absolutely love slugs and snails, providing they are not from a garden where slug pellets are used of course. A boxies diet is not the same as a Med tortoise, it needs a little protein in the form of snails or pinkies. I know they like their fruit to be very ripe and squashy, in fact the messier the better. Why not contact Shirley at the Tortsoise Sanctuary in Jersey. You will get her on [email protected] She keeps boxies and will be able to help you with first hand knowledgeable advice. Tell her Sue sent you. LOL
Good luck

·
Banned
3,993 Posts
Hi
I conatacted the Tortoise Sanctuary for you and this was Shirleys reply.
Good luck

Sue

Cant contact her direct but you can tell her that boxies dont eat every day anyway and it will come to no harm. She can feed it baby leaves, fruit and a crushed boiled egg, shell & all. Lots of baths though.

Shirl

1 - 8 of 8 Posts