Reptile Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrght guys so its been a month now since my female BCI (19 weeks old) last pooed, she used to do it weekly, about 5-6 days after her weekly feed of 1 large mouse. shes growing well and has shed twice in the last 5 weeks, both times complete sheds without any retained skin.

i know there are many people who think its fine to take a month or two too poo iin a boid, but im starting to wonder what i can do. ive tried bathing, admittedly only twice, because each time all she wants to do is escape! ive heard people say feeding before theyve pooed can end up making them more bunged up, maybe i should skip the next feed?

help is much appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
538 Posts
ive seen a few people mention about there Boa's not pooping for a couple of months and everyone as said too them not too worry about it, my female as 1 - 2 mice every monday and she 8 times out of 10 will poop before monday again so i wouldnt worry :2thumb:

·
Registered
538 Posts
just clean out their viv. The longer you spend making it perfect the quicker and bigger mess theyll leave you as soon as you turn your back
lol thats true ive got a big water bowl and other day as soon as i put it in with clean water she pooped in it lol

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just put her in a new setup so hopefully thatll work haha. she does appear to be bunged up visually, her tail is tiny in comparison to the latter part of her body

·
Registered
4,918 Posts
I find giving the chaps free roaming time to exercise, keeps them regular.

Reactions: Romney

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
shes not in the biggest viv i could provide yet, but its big enough, and she is regularly handled, except the last week due to shedding and feeding

·
Registered
538 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.