Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a neighbour knock on the door saying they had found this little guy in their garage. Knowing I have reptiles they brought him to me and I've put him in a small RUB for now with water.
He doesn't seem in bad nick really so hopefully he hasn't been missing for too long.
Going to put some posters up to try to find his owner but what's best to do for now food wise etc?
Out of interest anyone able to tell me what morph he is?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
When you put posters up only put on the poster 'lizard found' and a contact number. Then when they ring get them to explain the lizard and what species. There are lots of people that will ring up and claim it is theirs for a free animal.

I would keep him away from your animals, and put some mealworms in and see if he will eat them

·
Registered
373 Posts
When you put posters up only put on the poster 'lizard found' and a contact number. Then when they ring get them to explain the lizard and what species. There are lots of people that will ring up and claim it is theirs for a free animal.

I would keep him away from your animals, and put some mealworms in and see if he will eat them
As above mate ^^^^^^ both posts lol. I'm too slow at typing .......

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah that was the plan with the posters which is why I wondered what morph he was.

The neighbour has been round a few and asked but will go round more tomorrow now.

Yeah luckily I have a spare mat and stat so he is well away from my others.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
It's an Albino morph of some kind :)
Looks well cared for, so someone will be missing him/her.

·
Registered
143 Posts
He looks like Crash, who I believe was an Albino Bell.

he's got a fat tail too so looks freshly lost unless he.s found a good food source at your neighbours.

·
Registered
373 Posts
He looks like Crash, who I believe was an Albino Bell.

he's got a fat tail too so looks freshly lost unless he.s found a good food source at your neighbours.

yeah definitely looks like been cared for properly, unsure on morphs though so cant comment on that part. Hope you find the owner anyway.

·
Registered
878 Posts
He looks in really good condition! I mean a nice fat tail, no stuck shed from what I can see and all toes still intact! :) I would definitely say lost pretty recently.. And for him to end up in your neighbors garage his home must be somewhere pretty close? Morph wise as said above some sort of Albino strain unsure of what type. Are you sure of how to keep leos by the way? Just making sure if not just give us a PM I will be glad to help with the basic care info. :)

Bret.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No I'm okay with keeping Leo's just wasn't sure if there is a best way to go about feeding when he might not of eaten for a little while.

I say neighbour but the garage he was found in is not attached to any house they are in a block in the middle of a car parking area over the back of where I live. The nearest house is about 20 feet away.
We wondered if a cat has got hold of him and then dropped him near the garage but no signs of trauma on him at all.

I suppose he could have been dumped but who knows. Just seems odd for him to have turned up there he has got to have escaped and then got outside and wandered.

·
Registered
381 Posts
that's lovely, i have to say in my time i have often heard of stray dogs and cats who no one claims but a stray leo - that's a first :) she looks lovely and happy in her new home... i wonder where she came from :hmm:

a happy ending, as is proper for stories about lost princesses :)

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
How do you lose a leo in the first place they're not exactly escape artist, probably dumped the poor thing. Lucky for him you found him.

·
Registered
72 Posts
hope santa drops pne like that in my sock :D

keeping tabs i love a good deed thread.
ill be after a supersnow male. youngster when i locate one that is :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
looks happy being handled, so was obviously well looked after, we found a chameleon in our garden once, my mum took it in and fell in love, we recon someone couldn't care for it and just let it go, wasnt exactly far from winter either, poor thing was only little.
We put posters up everywhere saying found chameleon, and our contact info and address but no one came for it so my mum kept her, she was lovely

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I think she was dumped in all honesty which isn't being well looked after in my mind but then circumstances aren't always how you want them to be. She is very friendly, we tried posters, door knocking, everything we could think of but no joy to who owned her previously.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
I wouldn't advertise it as found!!

Leopard geckos aren't exactly known for their daring escapes so it suggests to me careless owners.

Just my thoughts :2thumb:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts