Reptile Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello,
Its kinda of a long story as to why i am selling these animals. My sisters ex boyfriend had 2 chinchillas. He left and has left them here. We've been struggling to look after them for a year now and ive finially decided that they deserve a new home that can care for them better than we can. I hate picking them up (i have a thing about picking rodents up :oops: ) so although they are cleaned out regular, they dont really get the exersize they need.
I think they are about 3 years old and are in good health. They are a little "wriggly" when handled, but they should settle down with regular handling. They come with everything you need, large cage, ladders, platforms, food bowl, water bottle and any food/sand/sawdust we have left at the time of buying.
Please NO time wasters, i have already has two people let me down. I would like these to go to a home that already has/had chinchillas.
PM for pictures and make an offer.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Elaphe said:
would be helpful to tell people where you are :wink:
:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: So sorry about that!
Nottingham. We could deliver if people are not too far away (say about an hours drive away) or meet up half way between places.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had chinchillas in the past... They can be handled once they're used to the owner but they prefer not to be, they panick easily & you're best just letting them come to you instead of grabbing at them... If you're worried about exorcise just let them run about in a seccure room where there's things that they can run up an down & jump about with... If they have a faveroute food try coaxing them back in to the cage with that after they've had their fun or just let them go back in on their own... This way they get the exorcise & you don't have to handle... One thing though, don't let them out near live wiring little buggers will eat anything... lol

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
yes mine ate all my clothes when it escaped from his cage once and also a quinny rain hood for my pram that took me ages to actually find for sale :roll: :lol:

·
Registered
13,846 Posts
lol no I think one is enough. Thank you for his escape proof cage Hannah. Its nice to know I can get up in the morning now and find a pair of jeans without a chew hole in the bum :lol:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
silver-sister said:
How much would you be wanting for them?
Around £50 for both, the cage and all the accessories plus whatever food/sand/sawdust we have when you collect.
Or i might be willing to trade for reptile books and accessories (plants, heat mats etc) aliens/predator merchandise or artists mateials.
I just want them to go to a good home.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
silver-sister said:
If you're worried about exorcise just let them run about in a seccure room where there's things that they can run up an down & jump about with... If they have a faveroute food try coaxing them back in to the cage with that after they've had their fun or just let them go back in on their own... This way they get the exorcise & you don't have to handle
yeah, we do do this but its a time thing as well (i'll generally sit with them for an hour to make sure they dont nibble stuff), i have 2 jobs and i look after my dog and all the other animals. Like i said before, we never really wanted them, although that sounds a little harsh! They were just kinda dumped on us. I would have never brought chins myself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts