Reptile Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a bit of a daft question but when you buy a new addition to your collection, do you get something to take it/them home in or do you have to bring your own? and is it a cash only affair? I'm going to WM Expo this week end and it's my first show :2thumb:

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Most of the hatchlings stay in whatever they are displayed in for you to take home. I have never had to provide my own, the stall always has a box or bag for you to take your new purchase home. And yes cash only, I think the odd one may take card but the people at the show are hobby breeders not shops so cash is usually the only option.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks for the info :)

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
show

cash only and breeders allways have to provide something to take the reptile/amphibian home in..

·
Registered
850 Posts
They should also provide you with a care sheet for your new purchase.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
They should also provide you with a care sheet for your new purchase.
I see where your comng from but highly unlikely as it is considered a breeders show therefore the original concept was for breeders to sell to small collectors or other breeders. Shows were never really originally ment for joe public to buy at. I would hope anyone going had already done research in order to find out about it taking place in the first place. So should have an idea which species they are going for.

Nice idea to have, I think I will take some care sheets along to next years ones when I am selling just in case, people can always so no thanks.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I see where your comng from but highly unlikely as it is considered a breeders show therefore the original concept was for breeders to sell to small collectors or other breeders. Shows were never really originally ment for joe public to buy at. I would hope anyone going had already done research in order to find out about it taking place in the first place. So should have an idea which species they are going for.

Nice idea to have, I think I will take some care sheets along to next years ones when I am selling just in case, people can always so no thanks.

When we set ours up, it was part of the requirements.

These shows are open to the public, which means the public can buy animals.
Obviously it is up to the sellers discretion whether they sell an animal to someone who they don't think have the necessary experience/knowledge.

But, if the seller provided a suitable care sheet, it would show they had the animals best interests in mind.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
shows

yes care sheets are a good idea as if you do get public people or people who keep reps but would like something different they can find out how to care for the reptile. but nearly all of the people at the show are hobbyists breeders, ect. lol (people from hear) lol lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts