Reptile Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
I havn't seen much of the psycho attitude in mine :(

Mine has been spending an unusually long time under ground recently...must be 4 weeks since I saw her. She's usually back at her entrance lurking for food at least every 2 weeks but shes actually sealed her self in.

How long do you guys find they stay 'submerged' for at a time?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Its the attitude of these spiders that facinates me. I remember unpacking a shipment of slings at the shop once and we had all the usual - then I opened a cricket tub and there was a tiny 2 cm cobalt sling, sat back on its rump, rearing up and bearing its fangs at me - I remember thinking 'Oh really! And what exactly are you going to do to me at your size?' A week later it bit another member of staff and even though it was only 2cm it was a nasty bite! The guys' whole finger was angry, swollen and purple for a fortnight and he was perscribed steriods and antihistamines to control the swelling.

Hannah

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DaFoot said:
I havn't seen much of the psycho attitude in mine :(

Mine has been spending an unusually long time under ground recently...must be 4 weeks since I saw her. She's usually back at her entrance lurking for food at least every 2 weeks but shes actually sealed her self in.

How long do you guys find they stay 'submerged' for at a time?

Actually submerged herself back in July last year, and finally made an appearance in November. I don't think she'd even been out at night, as the substrate covering her burrow was not disturbed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts