Reptile Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought this baby at PRAS as a known non feeder , and it has had to be forced ever since (tried all the tricks in the book) today I thought i would try something different and preak the pink in to small peices (not for the squeemish) poped a bit in his mouth and instead of the fighting and trying to spit out session, he started to munch, and ended up taking the whole thing over 4 mouthfuls !!!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yay! Congrats on the feeding. He's got a cute little face - pity about the contents of his mouth! In case I ever need to do anyting similar - just how gross was the pinky breaking???

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well having had to do some yuk things in my time (helping pigs/dogs and cows give birth, and other such gore) it did not bother me to be honest, its just like raw chicken with a bit of sticky stuff thrown in for good measure. :?

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
Nice one mate, well done.... :D
I see in the states that some major breeders are having great success with their non feeders by washing the pinkies in pure soap & rinsing thoroughly... Seems to take any urine & strange smells from the pinkie leaving just the mouse smell.... :wink:

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yup tried the washing thing, i think he just wanted a small meal !!

And thank you everyone :oops: Very much :)

Its all worth it when you start seeing results.

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Julia my peach variable literally has just done the same thing.. he took 2 pinky heads out of his own choice and swallowed himself... quite scary they did it exactly the same time :lol: :lol: Congrats though..

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
lovely king, glad to see you got it feeding :)

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Why is it scarey Tim? If I remember right you said they were hatchmates, so wouldn't it make sense that they are progressing at similar rates?
Steve

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Great news, he's lovely, although i so wish i wasnt eating my breakfast when I looked at this thread :x

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Is yours a male as well Julia or is yours one of the few females he had?

·
Registered
14,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
men are far more squeemish than women !

Mine (although I keep saying he for some reason) is a girlie :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts