Reptile Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a few of you know i was given these two yellow anacondas buy someone who couldn't keep them.As it was a bit of a team effort i thought i would ask you all for some names for them,as intend to keep them both.If i cant think of anything suitable my wife/daughter will name them anyway,this is how i have ended up with large pythons called Fluffy,Tinkerbell,Daisy and Dopey! This can prove most embarasing at times so please help me out

Female 1(this one has bitten me alot!)

Female 2 (this smaller one is quite placid)
I have a soft spot for yellow "annies" as they were the first large constrictor i saw at close quaters,a local pet shop that dabbled in the odd reptile got one in as a display piece.Now Anyone who has kept them will tell you what a messy/dirty snake they are so the owner soon decided it had to go,as it stank out the shop too! It had grown abit in this time and the owner was terrified of it(rightly so!) so i went to help.......
This was in the late 80s when i was alot less experienced and boy did i learn about anacondas that day!
If i have to deal with an aggresive snake nowdays i still think to myself"it cant be as bad as that bloody anaconda"and so far nothing has come close!

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
OMG! GORGEOUS! I used to have a pair of these guys, mine were real beauties, very handleable too lol. Unfortunately like everything else I had to sell them when my mum kicked me out, but I wish I still had them now. They are gorgeous animals, bit messy, but so lovely to keep!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking through some old posts the other day and saw a pic of your annie,its rare to find somone that likes them,they are an aquired taste!

·
Registered
574 Posts
lovely snakes simon glad they are being looked after by an experienced person now
sorry cant think of names yet know what you mean with kids tho and naming snakes lol

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Lol, well I love them. Id get some more if I had the space. Beautiful snakeys :lol: Its funny because my bf is scared of snakes, and wouldnt even hold a royal without panicing, but he saw these in the shop and bought them and would rather hold these guys than a royal or cornsnake! How funny is that, and they bit him....He is strange....

But they are beautiful snakes....One of mine was called Adrian....It was female....Great name lol :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Ah, nice one Simon

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
scarlettvegetable said:
Lol, well I love them. Id get some more if I had the space. Beautiful snakeys :lol: Its funny because my bf is scared of snakes, and wouldnt even hold a royal without panicing, but he saw these in the shop and bought them and would rather hold these guys than a royal or cornsnake! How funny is that, and they bit him....He is strange....

But they are beautiful snakes....One of mine was called Adrian....It was female....Great name lol :lol: :lol:
I think its because they bite rather than strike,and thats what frightens most people.(the strike!)Where as your average annie will come out be handled good as gold(if you are lucky) then out of nowhere "chomp"! And allways somewhere it bloody hurts!

·
Registered
9,611 Posts
Lovely Simon.. glad theyre with you now.. cant think of any names off the top of my head,

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Lol, yea. They are great when you are handling them, all of a sudden they will just turn around and get you. Amusing when they are little, not so much when they get bigger. Right little characters though :lol: :lol:

I dont know why but Im in no way bothered about being bitten :lol: Been bitten by alot of stuff and it doesnt bother me lol. I get really frustrated when he wont help me hold any of the snakes though! He is so weird, he is scared to hold a little Radiated Ratsnake that is like a worm incase it bites, yet he will hold my rear fanged Philodryas....strange man lol :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
543 Posts
Lovely looking snakes, good to see they are in good hands now. Not really my cup of tea as they are far to big, I prefer snakes that can be handled. They do look stunning though.

Having such big snakes is a big responsibilty not to be entered into lightly. Shops should take more responsibility for what they sell, and to who. Heard a story recenty about someone who was sold a carpet python, turned out to be a Retic. Heard another story about a shop that was selling baby Anacondas cheap, some guy came in and asked to buy one for his 5 year old son, fair play to the shop, they told him there was no way they would sell him one as they didn't believe he knew what he was getting into, suggested he looked at a corn instead. The guy was not impressed and left empty handed. Makes you wonder.

Anyway, good on you simon, good luck with them.

Duzzie

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Awwww... well done for giving them a nice new home. I think you should go with the naming scheme you already have - call them Kisses and Cuddles :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Duzzie said:
Lovely looking snakes, good to see they are in good hands now. Not really my cup of tea as they are far to big, I prefer snakes that can be handled. They do look stunning though.

Having such big snakes is a big responsibilty not to be entered into lightly. Shops should take more responsibility for what they sell, and to who. Heard a story recenty about someone who was sold a carpet python, turned out to be a Retic. Heard another story about a shop that was selling baby Anacondas cheap, some guy came in and asked to buy one for his 5 year old son, fair play to the shop, they told him there was no way they would sell him one as they didn't believe he knew what he was getting into, suggested he looked at a corn instead. The guy was not impressed and left empty handed. Makes you wonder.

Anyway, good on you simon, good luck with them.

Duzzie
I do agree with you,although i think people should be more honest about what they are ready for and resist the urge to jump in the deep end as this is where the problems start.
I would also like to say ALL my snakes are handled,especialy the big ones as it is even more important to do so with them!

·
Registered
543 Posts
Good for you, although the idea of sitting in front of the tele with an anaconda or retic wrapped round me does not sound fun, lol.

I agree ppl need to think seriously before getting any pet but even more so with a big snake that could be dificult to deal with and also dificult to pass on if things dont work out.

Good luck with them 2, they look like a couple or corkers.

Duzzie

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
So pleased to actually see them in a clean state. Last time i see them it was hard to tell what they were. They both look great and i cant thank you enough for doing what you did all at such short notice.
Not good on names tho sp good luck :lol:

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
omg wow ur so lucky, i almost got one before but as usual i lacked the room :(

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
the snakes look good mate,how about as you've got them on the car page..lol...zonda for the male and i pass for the female..lol

1 - 20 of 42 Posts